PDA

View Full Version : Fosters twin door freezer

gindog20
31-10-2011, 10:31 PM
The instore bakery i was working at had a two door fosters freezer R404a.
The bakers wanted to use this freezer as a fridge, we changed parameters and re sized the cappilary.
Just a quick question, we changed the set point from -21 to +3, would more gas have to be added or do you think it will be ok running at the same charge as it did when it was a freezer. The fridge is running away fine, but i just was not sure, any thoughts?

thebigcheese
31-10-2011, 10:43 PM
would have been beter leaving capilary the way it was, the problems on paper you will have is the compressor will be a low back pressure, now running on med to high back pressure

i have seen these changed before and altho foster highly recomended not doing it they have been running for a few years now

i did not do it and advised against it but end of the day it is what it is and theyve ran ok

monkey spanners
31-10-2011, 10:52 PM
How did you re size the capilary?

What TBC said about the compressor, its likely working out of its design paramiters. Though just like being obese, it won't necesarily be instantly fatal but will likely lead to an earlier death.

Still, customer got what they asked for!

install monkey
31-10-2011, 10:56 PM
monkey spanners, havent u got a capillary swaging tool?

thebigcheese
31-10-2011, 10:58 PM
cappillary swaging tool..... is that another name for 1/4 pipe

mikeref
31-10-2011, 11:10 PM
The instore bakery i was working at had a two door fosters freezer R404a.
The bakers wanted to use this freezer as a fridge, we changed parameters and re sized the cappilary.
Just a quick question, we changed the set point from -21 to +3, would more gas have to be added or do you think it will be ok running at the same charge as it did when it was a freezer. The fridge is running away fine, but i just was not sure, any thoughts? Disable defrost heaters and defrost termination thermostat and fan delay. More strain on compressor, as mentioned above but i wouldn't have changed capillary. Could change the gas though. R134a would lessen the compressor load.. Mike.

monkey spanners
31-10-2011, 11:34 PM
monkey spanners, havent u got a capillary swaging tool?

I don't believe in them, though i don't deny their existence.