PDA

View Full Version : ranco vt9

savoc
31-10-2011, 10:41 AM
hi guys have had to replace a faulty thermostat for a customers fridge. the old thermostat had only two pins. i was give a Ranco VT9. i connected the wires to pins 3 and 4 is this correct? when i turned the dial to off position the fridge did not stop. i did not have time to wait for the fridge to pull temp? can some please explain how this thermostat works, the wiring diagram show pins 6,3,4 , heater and compressor. what is warm out, cold out is this the temperature range? I am commercial tech never worked on a domestic fridges. any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

stufus
31-10-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm not 100% on this but ,I think a VT9 is for a half and half fridge freezer.
If you are working on a fridge with a small ice box you might need a VP4 for push button defrost or a VC1.
Haven't touched a domestic in years.
I'm sure one of the domestic lad's will be able to clear it up for you .

Cheers

Stu

mikeref
31-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Savoc. 6 and 4 is the ones you want.put second leg of evaporator heater on number 3. positions 6 and 4 allow fridge to be turned off manually as well as cycling on temperature. vt9 is for a fridge only, or fridge freezer with seperate compartments, as in freezer top and fridge bottom. Not for frost free unless it's a Fisher and pykel with static evaporator in the fridge section..Mike.

stufus
31-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Fair play mike
I haven't touched a domestic in a long time.
Cheers
Stu

tonto33
31-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Thermostat guide:

Fridge Thermostat: Ranco VF3,VL3: Universal
Ranco:
UNIVERSAL
Freezer/Ice cream cabinet: 'No signal'

Cold out -34c, Warm out -16.5c, Warm in -12c, capillary length 2000mm:

Fridge Thermostat: Ranco VS5,VL5: Universal
Ranco: Compares to Atea W6, Danfoss Kit 6 and Whirlpool WPLW6
UNIVERSAL
Freezers with signal:

Cold out -34c, Warm out -16.5c, Warm in -12c. Signal operation cuts in 5c above cut in. Capillary length 2000mm

Fridge Thermostat: Ranco VT3,VT93: Universal
Ranco:
UNIVERSAL
Fridge Freezers with extra long capillary:

Cold Out -26c, Warm Out -11c, Defrost Termination +3.5c* (*Constant cut in) Capillary Length 3000mm

Fridge Thermostat: Ranco VT9,VL9: Universal
Ranco: K59L1102002 K59 Compares to Atea W4, Danfoss Kit 3 and Whirlpool WPLW4
UNIVERSAL
Two door Fridge / freezers WITH automatic defrost:

Cold out -26c, Warm out -11c, Defrost termination +3.5c* (*constant cut in). Capillary length 1200mm

Fridge Thermostat: Ranco VT9R
Ranco:
UNIVERSAL
Fridge/freezers with auto defrost. Where the original thermostat has an internal heating restrictor.

Cold out -20c, Warm out -8c, Cold in +3.5c. Capillary length 1200mm

Fridge Thermostat: Ranco VTD9,VLD9: Universal
Ranco:
UNIVERSAL
Fridge/freezers with heat assisted defrost systems.

The VT9D operates in a similar way to the VT9, giving a defrost on every switching cycle. The control is fitted with a SPDT (Changeover) switch, enabling the defrost assistence to be switched on during the defrost period.

The temperature setting range is -25.5c to -14c with a constant cut in at +5c

Fridge Thermostat: Ranco VXO: Universal,Candy,Kelvinator
Ranco:
UNIVERSAL
Larder Fridges
CANDY
Fridge Freezers:
KELVINATOR
Fridge Freezers:

Larder fridges operates in a similar way to the VT9 thermostat giving a defrost on every cycle. However, the temperature range setting is higher than that of the VT9 in order to prevent over freezing of the cabinet:

Fridge Thermostat: - Ranco VC1 KIT

Ranco
Compressor refrigerator
Cold out –23C, Cold in-14C.40C, Warm in +20C Capollary length 1200mm

Fridge Thermostat: - Ranco VP4/VL4

Fridge "Push Button" Defrost Cold Out -25°C" Warm Out -10, 4°C" Warm In -4°C Defrost Termination +5, 5°C

www.airdomestics.co.uk (http://www.airdomestics.co.uk/)

mikeref
31-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Now that's just showing off Tonto!;)

mikeref
31-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Fair play mike
I haven't touched a domestic in a long time.
Cheers
Stu Bet you have too! Where do you keep the beers then? At least this domestic is not controlled by PCB.:rolleyes: