PDA

View Full Version : CAREL PCO3 connecting directly to computer RS-232 Port

genjua
31-10-2011, 04:11 AM
Good Day All!

This is Genjua! i am new on this forum i have seen great discussion in this forum which is rreally very appriciatable!

I have a controller CAREL PCo3 i want to connect that controllewr directly to my computer RS-232 port by using simple RS-232 to RS-485 converter. The con nection which i am doing is from PLAN port of Carel PCo3. my goal is to upload CONTROLL LOGIC from the CONTROLLER PCO3.

Kindly Help me to download the program from the controller which softaware i have to use? WINLOAD? SMARTKEY? EASYTOOL? ITOOL?
i have ITOOL trial version can i upload logic using trial version?
one more thing normal RS-232 to RS-485 converter will work or not?

Waiting for your help
BR

Genjua

genjua
31-10-2011, 09:07 AM
I am not using USB to RS-485 converter!

genjua
01-11-2011, 04:47 AM
SMARTKEY software or hardware?

I have a UTILITY name SMARTKEY.

I have PCO3 connected with PGD kindly tell me how to upload logic/software from PCO3 controller

genjua
01-11-2011, 10:00 AM
narkom first of all Thankyou very much for your kind support.

Yes I do know about that SMARTKEY hardware!

Well I am in Pakistan where there is no support for CAREL products it will took alot of time if i order this key!

narkom is there is any way to get software/logic/ST logic upload/download from PCO3 controller without having SMARTKEY?

I have a trial version of 1tool as well as I have RS-232 to RS-485 converter i have RS-485 to USB converter also PCO3 controller along with PGD is there is anyway? all i need is just to upload the logic from the controller.

waiting to hear back narkom .....

genjua
01-11-2011, 10:23 AM
chick-with-knob thank you very much. I am representative of Schneider Electric in Pakistan I work with system integrator!

If I successfully get the logic from PCO controller i will develop same logic on Schneider Electric DDC controller or PLC.

I just want to make sure that without SMARTKEY it is impossible to get logic from PCO3 controller

genjua
02-11-2011, 05:29 AM
I would be thankful to you if you share link with me!

genjua
02-11-2011, 05:40 AM
strange that without SMARTKEY we cannot upload!
i was thinking that 1tool support USB to RS-485 converter

genjua
04-11-2011, 04:33 AM
narkom what is the purpose of WINLOAD32? you said i cant upload logic from the controller by using WINLOAD32 what is the usage of that utility?

genjua
04-11-2011, 04:53 AM
3.1.2 Uploading the program from a computer
Using the kit code PC485KIT00 (RS485/RS232 converter) and the WinLOAD 32 program, the software files can be uploaded to the pCOČ, pCO3 and pCOXS. For further
information on installing and using Winload 32, see the on-line help.

narkom i have EXTRACT the above information from the document, the link you provided above contain that document

genjua
04-11-2011, 08:41 AM
also tell me what is the purpose of comtool
thanks

genjua
05-11-2011, 06:00 AM
narkom as i have told you i am representative of schneider electric. My task is to replace Carel controller PCO3 with Schneider electric xenta controllers.
Before i start my task i want to read/study carel pco3 logic that is why i want to read logic from the controller.
As you asked "Why trying to download the software from pCO and not using software files of standard software solutions?" because i do not know which standard file is suitable for me. maybe you can help me.
carel system has been commissioned by CLIMAVENTA Italy project name is Outdoor Packaged unit for mobile phone with freecooling. there are 4 PCO3 controller are connected in daisy chain with PLAN Port and 4 controller have 1 PGD Interface.

Plese tell me the purpose of commtool.

genjua
06-11-2011, 11:44 AM
narkom what is feel is you are the only person who can help me :)
the link you have provided above contain manual and broucher do you have a link where i can download thyat software?
once i get that software can i upload/download logic from PCO3 controlleer?? without using SMARTKEY?
narkom once i get the logic from the PCO3 controller i will easily generate logic on schneider electric tac ddc controller!

genjua
10-11-2011, 05:44 AM
narkom thanks for your support!
before i write to carel i request you to clarify my following quesrioes.
1) what is FLSTDMMSHE? software or programming code?
2) if i get *.bin *.dev files how i will read these files? which software i will use to read these files?
3) what i will write to carel? what should i ask? FLSTDm* - shelter software????

waiting to hear back from you

Grizzly
10-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Hi Genjua.
I have been reading your posts with interest.
As I understand it, you wish to interrogate Carel's software.
Which you are trying to do for free.
Largely with the help provided on this forum, in the main by Narcom.
A very helpful and knowledgeable member.
With this information you intend to develop a rival software using your employers Hardware.

Once developed are you intending to offer this "Package" or will it be for sale?

Because if it's not for "All". which is what I suspect!

Why should you be assisted to "Crack" Carel's System.

If I am wrong and you intend to put back into the forum some of what you are taking out?

I apologise in advance.
Grizzly

genjua
10-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Good Day Grizzly!

First of all thanks for your interest in reading my post. I want to clarify that i am not intrested in any carel software as my product line is Schneider Electric not Carel.
i have one customer who is sick of using CAREL becuase they do not get any support regarding CAREL here in PAKISTAN.
Due to that they want us to replace current hardware with our Schneider Electric hardware.
before i start replacing hardware i just want to read Logic/Program from CAREL PCO3 controller so that i will make same logic in my Schneider Electric product.
well i think its a customer right they can call us and ask for support and its my job to support the customer. Please be informed that my customer has trying to contact Carel Italy but due to safety and security point odf view they are not coming to Pakistan as their ENSURANCE policy is not applicable in pakistan.

I hope you understand customer problem and the whole situation.

Grizzly
10-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Well put and a fair proposal of an obvious problem. (now that you explain it!)

I wish you all the best but surely.
If you enlist the services of a refrigeration engineer between the 2 of you, you should be able to come up with an alternative?
Good luck all the same.
Grizzly

genjua
16-11-2011, 05:49 AM
i have visited the site and honestly speaking process is very simple its just a refrigrator automation.
i have found one pressure transmitter installed near compressor they were calculating pressure and also temperature from that sensor. i dont know how to calculate temeprature by using pressure transmeter.
can any1 help me on this???

Grizzly
16-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Read the range Output.
IE. a) 0-20ma or b) 4-20ma c) 0-10v
Therefore:-
a, has a range of 20 b, has 16 and c, = 10
Next look at the range the transmitter operates at.

Say d) -1 to 8bar (LP) or e) 0 to 30bar (HP).

Therefore you divide the number of the scale a, b, or c.

into the range as d or e

Which will give you your rate of pressure increase per ma or volt.

This is all put very simply but hopefully makes sense.

Oh! And if possible you need to allow an offset facility within your software program)
So that any cable resistances can be factored out!
Grizzly

genjua
17-11-2011, 05:38 AM
Grizzly Thank you for your reply.
but i know what are you telling me.

i am asking how to calculate temperature by using pressure???

means my transimeter is giving 4-20 mA output i want to calculate temperature by using that pressure transmeter

mark957
09-04-2012, 11:08 AM
hi genjua
To get the pressure temperature relationship must refer to the conversion table of the gas you're using.

hassan_tariq
02-08-2012, 03:38 AM
Hello Every one,

I am very new to the Carel PCO controllers and would like to establish the communication with it through my Computer using Rs232/Rs485 port.I have few questions regarding the carel PCO communication and will be greatly thankful if some answer these

Before writing the question let me tell you that i do not have any software of carel and want to establish the communication with an HMI using some standard protocol
1) Does carel supports any standard protocol like modbus ,if yes then is this the default protocol and we have to set this protocol in the plc , if it is the default protocol then what are the default settings
2) If it does not support modbus or its not the default one then what is the procedure to set a standard protocol.

Looking forward for kind and prompt response.

Regards,
Hassan Tariq