PDA

View Full Version : copeland scroll compressor Nomenclature system

mithrandir
28-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi, i need copeland scroll compressors Nomenclature system. For example i looked scroll compressor model in the emerson climate website for ZB15KCE-TFD and ZB15KCE-TFD . In this codes What is meaning of 'C' and 'Q'. What is the system of identification. I looked website of emerson but i didn't found 'C' and 'Q' explanation. İt' s only written model variation. What is the Model variaton system. Can someone help me? I have to learn this classification.

Chunk
28-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Copeland Scroll refrigeration compressors (such as ZBxxKA-PFV) are designated by a "Z" in the first position of the model number. The second position determines the application range (B = high/medium temperature, S = medium temperature, F = low temperature). The third and fourth positions represent the first two digits of the capacity of the compressor at its standard rating conditions and the fifth position gives the multiplier for the capacity (C = 100, K = 1,000, and M = 10,000). The sixth position designates the compressor's model generation. If there is a seventh position before the dash prior to the electrical designation, it will be an E (Polyol Ester oil) or an L (shipped less oil). If there is nothing in the seventh position, the compressor has mineral oil in it. Electrical designations (such as PFV) are the same as other Copeland® models.

chemi-cool
28-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Dont forget to check if the given capcity is at 50hz, if it is at 60hz, remember to reduce 17%.

mithrandir
28-10-2011, 11:45 AM
thank you very much for answers. But i didn't find the model generation classification. I saw a write up about it. At 2001 copeland transformed KAE to KCE. 'C' took the place of 'A'. But i didn't find any information of KQE. I talked this problem with emerson employee, they said that the meaning of 'Q' was 'quite compressor'. Dou you have any idea about it? or have you got a copeland model generation classification?

mithrandir
28-10-2011, 12:24 PM
I looked up emerson website again there was too many KQE models of scroll compressors but there is no information about meaning of 'Q'. And also no information about KCE. Because of that i have to learn model generation classification. What is the reference to set in order. Has somebody get a list of this?

chemi-cool
28-10-2011, 12:43 PM
take a look at this web site, it has Copeland scroll catalogues.

In the beginning of every catalogue you will find letters explanation.

mithrandir
28-10-2011, 12:50 PM
I have already made it. But there isn't anye description about 'C' or 'Q'. They wrote only model varition. What is the* standarts of model variation? I want to learn this. For ex. how can they choose 'Q' or 'C'? what is the point of this

chemi-cool
28-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Why dont you send an email to Copeland? they are very helpful.

mithrandir
28-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I have sent an email but the answer is not enough for me. I am waiting the live chat time. But i think that maybe somone know this because of that i asked the problem in here. thanks for your advice.