PDA

View Full Version : EU F Gas Regulation

Argus
18-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Users of HFCs in the EU may be interrested in the latest ammendments submitted by the European Parliament Environment Committee in advance of the second reading vote, due October 26th in the European Parliament, of the F Gas Regulation.

http://www.europarl.eu.int/omk/sipade3?PUBREF=-//EP//NONSGML+REPORT+A6-2005-0301+0+DOC+PDF+V0//EN&L=EN&LEVEL=2&NAV=S&LSTDOC=Y

....... and the common position:

http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/lex/LexUriServ/site/en/com/2005/com2005_0296en01.pdf

Interesting days.

________
Suzuki GSX-R1100 (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_GSX-R1100)

OrO
18-10-2005, 12:15 PM
This its not normal ....

they can destroy full industry segment. I talk with one delegate before voting, but he doesnt have any idea what can happen when this legislative comes in to the prax from 1.1.2010 :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ban distribution of equipment whitch its working with HFC from 1.1.2010 ...... No comment :mad: :mad: :mad:

Alternative refrigerants like CO2, Hydrocarbon or NH3 for airconditioning HA HA HA .....

they are dont understand: THIS ITS NOT ABOUT AIRCONDITIONING THIS ITS ABOUT ALL INDUSTRY IN EU

techguy
25-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi Guys
Everyone needs to contact their MEP's and lobby them to vote this down. We in Ireland have been in contact with all our reps and have requested that they vote against this EVERYONE OF YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME DON'T EXPECT OTHER PEOPLE TO DO THIS FOR YOU.This will effect everyone in this industry if this is passed if you don't act now don't complain about it if it gets in.

T

chillyhamster
25-10-2005, 12:43 PM
The problem with this proposed legislation, is that the EU Commission has lost the plot entirly. The original target for this legislation was Mobile Air Conditioning (MAC) a/c fitted to cars. This has now ben removed and is to be controlled by type approval. Guess where the biggest car producers are based. Tree hugging scandinavian meps are now trying to eliminate anything other than co2 as a refrigerant.

Argus
25-10-2005, 10:33 PM
The problem with this proposed legislation, is that the EU Commission has lost the plot entirly. The original target for this legislation was Mobile Air Conditioning (MAC) a/c fitted to cars. This has now ben removed and is to be controlled by type approval. Guess where the biggest car producers are based. Tree hugging scandinavian meps are now trying to eliminate anything other than co2 as a refrigerant.

?

The aim of this regulation is, and always has been, a Kyoto mechanism that is centred on reduced GHG emissions.

It was seen originally as a means of reducing emissions
from all types of equipment across the spectrum including PFCs and SF6.

MACs were an early casualty for a Directive aimed at a ban because of their inherent leakage potential, given the universal use of flexible hoses and shaft seals.

The European Parliament is due to vote this week. F gas regulation will, in all probability, go to concilliation.

________
wiki vaporizer (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

Daddy Cool
26-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Last week, we had an internal meeting concerning this issue, as i work for a european company. One person held the opinion that this was being used as an economic tool for Europe, rather than an environmental issue. The idea being that Japan and the far east had too strong a foot hold in Europe and was killing European manufacturing companies. An example was given that in France, french car manufacturers were very good at producing DERV engines, but fell being in petrol, whereas Japan were the opposite. To this end the frnch increased duty on petrol and reduced it on diesel helping the french car plants. My initial thought was that the proposed move would cripple the EU with an estimated 60billion euro's of HFC equipment installed, and how would for example the NHS fund such a change in such a limited time span, but stranger things have happened.

I have heard that a certain very large producer of A/C tested the HC option on a small split, and forced a fault resulting in explosion. The condensing unit went something like 40 feet across the test bay, and scared them out of production (it was probably more like 5 feet, but stories do always get bigger, the Sunday Sport will carry a picture of it on the moon next to the statue of Elvis) time will tell, but interesting times ahead......

frank
26-10-2005, 08:43 PM
the Sunday Sport

What's that - is it like football? :)

Daddy Cool
31-10-2005, 12:38 PM
:p Kind of, i think i once saw something in there about football, but quite what five ladies in little clothes had to do with it i'm not sure. maybe it was too intellectual for me.