PDA

View Full Version : Lokring

Aria
22-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Dear All,

hello, nice can join again in forum... :)
I wanna ask about lokring technology? what kind of source that make leakaga at lokring joint?

r.bartlett
22-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Use the search

cool runings
22-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Dear All,

hello, nice can join again in forum... :)
I wanna ask about lokring technology? what kind of source that make leakaga at lokring joint?

Lockring replaces a braze or a flare.

You cut the pipe to the correct size clean it and fit inside the pipe an insert
that supports the conection. The pipe is then fitted inside the connector and
a small collar is forced over the fitting and it locks it all in place. If done correctly
it will never fail and is stronger than the pipe itself.

coolrunnings.

Aria
25-10-2011, 10:00 AM
for straight joint position and align joint position, are they give an effect for lubricating joint with lokprep? Because we already change the position to straight, leakage is still happened..
we already change method for given the lokprep, operator must be give lokprep circulating all the pipe..and still monitoring the result...

hyperion
25-10-2011, 04:46 PM
It is important to carefully clean the joint before making. Make sure that any cleaning with emery cloth is carried out with a circular motion around the pipe and not longitudinally, this is to prevent any lengthways grooves being created. Make sure that the lokprep is applied carefully and in a complete "ring" around the pipe and that the joints are aligned without additional stress. Try to avoid stressing the joint once completed.

taz24
26-10-2011, 08:31 AM
for straight joint position and align joint position, are they give an effect for lubricating joint with lokprep? Because we already change the position to straight, leakage is still happened..
we already change method for given the lokprep, operator must be give lokprep circulating all the pipe..and still monitoring the result...

Are you using the correct sizes.

The fittings come in both imperial and metric and can also be
both (imperial one side metric the other).

I have seen them used and I have seen them demonstrated but I have never
seen that many or any fail so I can't coment on the failure.

If you prep it correct, clean the pipe and add the lock prep sealant they should
work.

Was the insert fitted inside the pipe?

All the best

taz

Aria
26-10-2011, 10:23 AM
@Hyperion : to avoid stress at the joint, we already change joint position from align position (have an elevation) to straight position. Our analysis are when joint have an elevation angle, lokprep is tend to move follow the gravitation, so at the top position is lost of lokprep and we already change the lokprep lubricating method, now when operator give lokprep must be circulating aroung the joint. The result is no more leakage for 3 day.
@Taz24 : the size/spec of pipe for a joint is right. Because another model use the same spec. But only one model have a leakage problem. The different spec is only joint position, one model have an elevation angle and one model straight position. The joint that have elevation angle is the problem. May be we must change method of lokprep lubricating..

taz24
26-10-2011, 04:22 PM
@Hyperion : to avoid stress at the joint, we already change joint position from align position (have an elevation) to straight position. Our analysis are when joint have an elevation angle, lokprep is tend to move follow the gravitation, so at the top position is lost of lokprep and we already change the lokprep lubricating method, now when operator give lokprep must be circulating aroung the joint. The result is no more leakage for 3 day.
@Taz24 : the size/spec of pipe for a joint is right. Because another model use the same spec. But only one model have a leakage problem. The different spec is only joint position, one model have an elevation angle and one model straight position. The joint that have elevation angle is the problem. May be we must change method of lokprep lubricating..

I had the Lokring guy show me how to prep up the joint and he demonstrated
it exactley as you described. He put the lock prep onto the outside of the pipe
and then rotated it inside the fitting to get a good seal.

It seemed easy and simple. If the joint is under tension and at an angle I supose
that could cause a bad seal..

Was it a one off or has it happened on more than one occasion?

All the best

taz

Aria
02-11-2011, 04:56 AM
@Taz24 : hmm....may be sometimes the joint is under tension because of joint mechanism or process in line. My question is which item that must be considered about the tension, before lokring assy, or after assembly lokring? because in our process after assembly lokring, around 10 minutes later, pipe will be bending by operator..
Do you know lokprep spesification? between 41 AL & 41 S ?

hyperion
02-11-2011, 09:21 AM
By choice you should complete all bending and shaping processes before making the lokring joint, thereby reducing the possibility of abnormal stress on the joint. It is essential that the pipe is fitted into the full depth of the socket to enable maximum strength to the joint. Care in your pipe preparation will help to prevent leaks at the joint. Data sheets for Lokprep are available from the Lokring website.

Aria
14-01-2012, 02:59 AM
hello all, good morning....
i wanna ask again, would you suggest me, whats the name of liquid for oil removing?
i worried , leakage lokring cause from oil residual when pipe processing....