PDA

View Full Version : Usable gas in a bottle

bastion
21-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Hello

How low can a refill bottle go before its empty. ie If a bottle of 410a weighs 10KG and its Tare is 9.4Kg therefore it has 600g of liquid left, but is this not worth using.

Thanks

nevgee
21-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Think of the cost .... how much cash do you want to throw away?

taz24
21-10-2011, 09:40 AM

Does a system ever use only 600g??

In my mind you have a few options.

When finising off a job if the charge weight is not critical then put the last little bit into
the system and charge for it.

Another option is to remove the refrigerant into a new system before you start with a new bottle.

Another option is to hand it back with the bottle and loose it. If you estimate up on every
job regarding the amount you put into the system you will or should always come out in profit.

All the best

taz

paul_h
21-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Tare weight over here doesn't include the valve, it's just the cylinder. So if the tare weight is 9.4 kg, add about a kilo for the hand valve and stem. So under 10.4kg weight means cylinder is empty!

Makanic
21-10-2011, 02:31 PM
My boss always reclaims whats left over into another bottle , before it goes back

paul_h
21-10-2011, 02:38 PM
What a cheap arse. Dirty hoses and reclaimer trying to save a few cents, only to contaminate another cylinder.
Has he ever been caught out removing the one way valves fresh cylinders have?
Or does he have clean reclaim cylinders for each different refrigerant and pays way more in cylinder rental than a few hundred grams of refrigerant costs :)

Makanic
22-10-2011, 12:11 AM
What a cheap arse. Dirty hoses and reclaimer trying to save a few cents, only to contaminate another cylinder.
Has he ever been caught out removing the one way valves fresh cylinders have?
Or does he have clean reclaim cylinders for each different refrigerant and pays way more in cylinder rental than a few hundred grams of refrigerant costs :)

LOL , He has his own Bottles just for r410a & r22

bastion
22-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks Paul_h

If that's the case does anyone know were I can pick some up (in the London area) cheaper than climate centre as I don't get a good discount there.

Bluboo
01-11-2011, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=paul_h;244248]What a cheap arse. QUOTE] thats a good comment paul
Learn to quote chillerman!