PDA

View Full Version : R170 and R404a

jtroncoso
20-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi everybody!

I'm new at this site. I have bought a immersion chiller for going down to -135 ºC. It lost the gas (a mixture of R170 and R404a in unknown proportions) due to the vendor didn't appropriately fit a nut. Now, they don't want to send nor sell the gas -they must think they have a big secret;). Do anybody know any information about how determining the correct proportion? I have read in a post of this site (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?1262-Autocascade-refrigeration-system-design-verification-needed&) somebody (DaBit) who have tried to do something similar.

Thanks

monkey spanners
20-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Send it back as a warranty return if it don't work. You shouldn't have to fix it yourself!

jtroncoso
21-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Send it back as a warranty return if it don't work. You shouldn't have to fix it yourself!

They don't assume their errors: they say that a leak is impossible, but it exists!-in fact I have seen it by myself. I have send them about 40 e-mails asking for a solution, but they want I send the unit to Korea and they will evaluate in the warranty cover their fault. I do not trust them at all. This is why I posted this question.

norseman
21-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Hello to still warm? Spain.

Are you really sure that R 170 Ethan is the only low boiling refrigerant in this unit?
To pass -135C with that one should be tricky shouldnt it? I would at least expected R1150 or some funny stuff
with a low boiling point.

Have a nice weekend.

jtroncoso
21-10-2011, 04:51 PM
In fact it is supossed to go down only to -135C-I have never seen it going to such low temperature: it lost the gas before!. The must specify the refrigerants they use and they said only R170 and R404a.

nice weekend too