PDA

View Full Version : hot water coils.

r.bartlett
18-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi chaps

Currently in discussion with a guy regarding his hot water battery on his York package unit(supply side) . In the spec it says "hot water re-heat battery" and design is inlet 16c off 21.C

I have told him that the battery is too small to be considered a space heater and as such he should be using his rads more.. He suggests that isn't right and it should also heat the rooms. Can anyone confirm my line of thinking

al
18-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Richard

Is the York a heat pump? I have a pub that has a heatpump plus a rad literally in the supply duct, as the york can't supply enough heat on its own. if it's classed as a reheat then it sounds like a close control, controlling humidity?

al

Brian_UK
18-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Let's be honest, with an air off of 21°C it isn't going to provide much in the way of heating is it?

That's assuming that the on temperature is at 16°C, any lower and he's lost it.

Grizzly
19-10-2011, 06:46 AM
RB.
Do you have any model No's to reference against?
Although I tend to agree with you and Brian.
"Silk Purse out of a Sow's ear springs to mind.
Grizzly

r.bartlett
19-10-2011, 07:13 AM
just looked at the label. Seems to be straight cooling with no electric heat option fitted..8002

Grizzly
19-10-2011, 07:51 PM
A Strange one you have there RB.
I have some old York paperwork and the best I can make out, is it is cooling only.

With D1C meaning cooling (Mk1) model. I have assumed this from using the attached much later explanation.
I suspect the Mk 1 is pre-pdf?
Grizzly

al
19-10-2011, 08:13 PM
That looks like an american made one, heater amps are listed though, are they not installed Richard?

al

r.bartlett
19-10-2011, 09:32 PM
That looks like an american made one, heater amps are listed though, are they not installed Richard?

al
No difficult to see but if you look the x shows what heater is installed and the x is against none

so it's a cooling only with no electric heaters and a small reheat hot water coil..