PDA

View Full Version : help with daikin vrv3 please

vasko123234
17-10-2011, 05:21 PM
the vrv is not heating.if ani indor starts the temp is too low. the simptoms are the hi pr is 15 16bars and hot.the return pipe is the same 15 16 but cold.the conderser is freezing.the ice starts after the el expans.valv(i tik it cold that)the presh befor the comp is 2bars. the comp is runing at max. there is refrigerant. i don know what to check.it is a puzzle.iven if i switch off all but one indoor unitst the remaining is not heating.why is the hot gas pipe hot and no heating
is it possible this valve is not opening(befor the valve normal,after-freezed pipes) or is there ader valv needet to be checked.
tank you

install monkey
17-10-2011, 11:23 PM
is the gas charge correct? vrv3 on r410a suction press around 8 bar discharge around 28-33 bar!! the system is designed for diversity-more indoor capacity than the outdoor is capable off. by approx 30%
weigh out the gas,compare with the total charge- if not labelled-do the calcualation to work out roughly what should be in it,vrv3 has an auto charge function that should be used by pressing the dsw4 on outdoor unit-only do this when 3/4 of the system charge is added-check the installation manual for the condenser for how to initiate this and what u should see on the controllers- common leaks are on bs boxes,refnets splitting due to expansion from heat and valve caps on the condenser don't have gaskets in them so recommend ptfe tape on threads-good luck- also vrv3 have a containment check which checks thermistor values and determines if it looses gas in the future-it will tell u.

sweimaker
19-10-2011, 06:39 PM
press mode on outdoor pcb, press and hold test for 3 seconds..

depending on the ambient there should be no ice, full test should show up the fault. sounds like gas