PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV iii WITH iTouch controller

and1dude2001
14-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Hiya, installed a daikin 3pipe vrv size 42, came to commission and it ran superbly well, came to connect the iTouch and started to have problems. I have 22 units on the system with 8 vam units also connected, i have 9 fcus with a local controller connected to them which when group setting applied work fine and show no errors on the iTouch, but i have 13 fcus which have no controller in them and i applied a group setting ID to each with a controller and then removed the controller but they show a U5 error message on the itouch and wont turn on at all. My question is do i have to apply any more settings to the fcu through a controller or have i done something wrong? Also is there a way of resetting the iTouch back to factory so it can research for all fcus again as it may be that i applied the group settings once id done the dIII set up as i didnt think you would have to address the fcus without a controller in. Having the same problems with the vams also.
Thanks

install monkey
14-10-2011, 09:11 PM
you address each indoor with a brc controller then disconnect it ,reboot the indoors via ring main,then add the units to the i touch

1torr
14-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Yes fan coils know they have lost the controller. Turn them all off on 230v power, then all back on. then they wont look for a controler.

hyperion
15-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to reset the I Touch, I wish there was as that might help to solve a few problems. I suppose that you could work your way through deleting each FCU and then start again.

r0ss
15-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes fan coils know they have lost the controller. Turn them all off on 230v power, then all back on. then they wont look for a controler.

This will 100% fix your problems mate

Kev The Tool
15-10-2011, 10:05 PM
yes, came across a similar problem myself, power reboot did the trick
Kev

francisvictor
27-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi ,

We have just completed a 66 FCU installation and with 3 CU in Master slave configuration. We now have to install an ITC controller with PPD. We have never installed ITC before and i would like some help how to get the unit to pick up the FCU , and how to do the addressing of the FCU using wireless remote.