PDA

View Full Version : How many starts can an inverter Heat Pump have

tekumze
14-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Hello,

This is more like a general question. I have Zubadan PUHZ HRP100 11,2 kw Air to Water Heat pump with Hydrobox and it cycles a lot in warmer weather. Also colleagues with Daikin or Fujitsu HP noticed simila behavior in the Spring or Autumn when it is not so cold.
Cycle means it runs for few minutes..reaches goal temparature for water,, stops for few minutes and starts again.

Mine has accumulated 5000 starts just in one year of operation. How many starts can I expect from a Heat Pump or compressor ?

Thanks!

chilliwilly
14-10-2011, 08:52 PM
That all depends on the desired set temperature and the outdoor temperature. Its unusual for an inverter driven machine to keep stopping and starting, they usually just ramp up or down depending on the demand. Maybe the parameters have been corrupted by an abnormal transient and need checking that the output is on a ramp setting, and not an instant stop and start.

nike123
15-10-2011, 08:00 PM
You have to small volume of water in your system. You need puffer. I suggest about 200L volume.

tekumze
10-11-2011, 11:43 AM
My question was more in the direction, how many starts can inverter pump and compresor have. Will it last 100 000 starts ?

I asked other Mitsubishi Zubadan owners to check if they have similar numbers of starts. If mine would be too high it would mean I have too little water or unsuitable underfloor heating.

But their results are quite similar. They all have WP for about one year and have accumulated

4500, 7000 and one even 18 000 "operation times" in one year.

If there are other Mitsubishi WP users reading this, you can check your system by following instructions on this document, pages 83, 84

http://planetaklimata.com.ua/instr/Mitsubishi_Electric_PUHZ-HRP_SERVICE_MANUAL_Eng.pdf

the number I am refering to is this
"003 - Compressor Number of operation times":

Possibly "operation time" could mean both starts and stops ?

TiredGeek
10-11-2011, 08:48 PM
That manual looks interesting, is there one available for the Mitsubishi EcoDan/ZubaDan HW140 (PUHZ-HW140VHA/YHA-BS) . I can't read the web site to find out....

NH3_Sniffer
10-11-2011, 08:56 PM
HI,

I agree with Nike, often systems with limited water volumes don't have enough inertia to compensate for high loads. Installing a buffer vessel will increase system volume and absorb the impact to the chiller while reducing the return temperature subsequently keeping within sensible control of PID (if pid controlled).

I would also check setpoints and control before spending capital on system improvements. Seems like a common problem with units as comparing other hrs, so may be installation techniques (ie no buffer)

Hope this helps

stufus
10-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Maybe "operation time" is actual run hours.I think it works out about 13hrs per day or somewhere in that region.
Cheers
Stu

MikeHolm
10-11-2011, 11:46 PM
You need at least 300L storage (more is better)