PDA

View Full Version : Frick suction check valve service

ChillerMechanic
10-10-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm looking for advice on rebuilding a suction check valve (stop check). I know I need a new spring and o ring but I was wondering about the bearing assembly. How do you check for wear, damage, ect. The check valve is at least ten years old. The compressor runs year round and only shuts down once a year for maintenance. Any advice would be appreciated.

CanadianIce
14-10-2011, 12:24 AM
It sounds like you are dealing with the old style multi valve. Inside the aluminium button, there is a sleeve and two bearing strips that fit inside the sleeve. These are easily replaced. Make certain the spindle is not worn or bent and is perpendicular to the strainer cover. When you install the oring, I recommend that you use a little bit of adhesive to secure the oring in the groove. You may think it will stay in the groove by the pressure it takes to push it down in there but believe me, it pops out of there easily when the button slams against the seat.

Superfridge
16-10-2011, 03:39 AM
We have serviced two old frick multivalves recently. I removed the bearings and got a teflon sleeve made to go inside the aluminium button with a groove lenghtways on the inside to prevent the piston effect when in operation.

We began the process to replace the bearings and when looking at the parts drawings the new style of bearing was a sleeve of some type so we thought why not make something. Dont make the fit too snug.

Nh34life
22-12-2011, 06:49 AM
These multi valves have a bad record for failure in my books we have replaced bearings various times and they still only operate when they feel like it, best advise is convince your customer to change to an inline Duocheck. problem solved!