PDA

View Full Version : Defrost Optimizer ??

Fridgy Dave
06-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Can anyone tell me the purpose of the defrost optimizer in the kysor warren glass door freezers and how it works

750 Valve
16-10-2011, 02:49 AM
A bit of a long story.

After different heater (and coil) configurations over the years they (KW) finally stopped long term ice up problems by fitting an additional heater element to the front face of the coil (in addition to the either 3 small or one large heaters under the coil). An LV5H-1 case does not have the front heater from factory, there was an upgrade kit about 8 years ago where the -1 cases were upgraded to the -2 specs by adding this heater. The heater creates a little too much heat and in addition to fitting the heater it needs to be wired into a KWDO (Kysor Warren Defrost Optimiser) in order to reduce the heat created by the front heater element. I am pretty sure that LV5H-2 cases that came from the factory with the heaters installed had all heaters wired into the KWDO.

I have a tech bulletin on it somewhere.

I am pretty sure the KWDO pulses the voltage on and off.

Fridgy Dave
17-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the reply 750 seems not many people where aware of it function so it is good to know, if
you have the technical bulletin that would be good and if you have anything on the evap fans and control boards they fit to the LV5-2 GDFs that would be really appreciated.

750 Valve
18-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Think i have it somewhere. If you need it in a hurry just call Austral, ask for R&D section.

By evap fans do you mean the retrofit from axial fans to backward curved?

Fridgy Dave
20-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Yes the fans they installed in the Woolworths that required energy reductions, the fans seem to keep failing until you spin them. I wanted to get more info on them

750 Valve
20-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Are they the EC motors manufactured by Wellington Motors (NZ company) or are they EBM IQ motors?

If they are the Wellington ones then they are (or were) specially built for Austral, the below data is all I have on them.

http://www.wdtl.com/pdf/WT7339ECRCat2011web_s.pdf

Fridgy Dave
20-10-2011, 11:50 AM
They are the EC motors, well actually they are EC BC motors. I saw that on the website but I was looking for a little more info, thanks for your help

SIPHON
13-11-2011, 01:35 AM
The defrost optimizer was almost like a pulse relay (not sure of the sequence) but it operates like this, the heater comes on for a 5 min duration then pulses off for 5mins then comes on for another 10mins then pulses off for 5mins then comes on for the remaining defrost cycle. The optimiser was installed to minimise the amount of heat introduced into the LV5H whilst in defrost cycle and reduce the ice build up on the top tier of the shelving and canopy.

SIPHON
13-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Are they the EC motors manufactured by Wellington Motors (NZ company) or are they EBM IQ motors?

If they are the Wellington ones then they are (or were) specially built for Austral, the below data is all I have on them.

http://www.wdtl.com/pdf/WT7339ECRCat2011web_s.pdf

These motors can only be purchased through Austral as they have exclusive distribution rights for Australia.... Go Heatcraft