PDA

View Full Version : Delay Timer

Abe
16-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Need some advice on a delay timer

Has a selector window, either, seconds, minutes, 10 mins, hour, or 12 hours

then a calibrated scale , numbered 1 to 10

so you select , say minutes in the window, and then you set in on 2

Does that mean you are setting the delay for 20% of 1 minute??

ie: it will hold for 20 seconds??

Thx

frank
16-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Need some advice on a delay timer

Has a selector window, either, seconds, minutes, 10 mins, hour, or 12 hours

then a calibrated scale , numbered 1 to 10

so you select , say minutes in the window, and then you set in on 2

Thx

Hi Abe
Normally when you select the scale, the increments then refer to that scale. So if you selected minutes and selected 2 it would mean 2 minutes, or if you selected hours it would mean 2 hours.

When you say "12 hours" though I'm not quite sure what this means - could you select 1 x 12 hours up to 10 x 12 hours? What kind of timer is it? make, model etc - the info may be available on the RS website

malik55
16-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Hello AIYUB
As Frank said, you have to check the literature of that perticular timer, many comes with printed details on timer side covers, and normally it is multiplied by the scale, any how if there is any confusion better to connect out of the circuit adjust to a normal scale such as 1 or 2 min(1Minx2=2Min) and check with your stop watch, you will get your set point, accuracy depends on the brand and quality.

chillin out
16-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi Abe,

The ones we use work like this, set the time increments and then multiply it by the number in the other window.

can`t remember the make but its din rail mounted and kinda light brown coloured, with 3 dials time , multiplier and mode.

chillin:) :)

botrous
16-10-2005, 08:56 PM

20 % of a minute makes 12 seconds :)

Abe
16-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Frank

I dont think the timer shows 12 Hours.......

I think it shows seconds, minutes, 10 mins, and hours

I set in on minutes..............then on 5........
Hoping it will delay for 5 mins!!

Like heck it did.............!!

So I ended up setting it on 10 mins.............then on 2.
This time I think it stayed out just over 5 mins or so

Im using it to hold out fans after a defrost

Its a pain sitting and watching a clock..............5 mins can be a bloody long time to wait!!!

The guy at BPX told me that the increments 1 to 10 denoted percentage time of set value

Why is life so complicated??????

And Boutros............maybe youre right............its too late in the night to try and even work it for myself....

:) :)

botrous
17-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Its a pain sitting and watching a clock..............5 mins can be a bloody long time to wait!!!

I know that feeling and i hate it much more than anyone can imagine

And Boutros............maybe youre right............its too late in the night to try and even work it for myself....

Abe I was just trying to make mmm some humor , I know you didn't even tried to calculate it :) and try not to work at night , nights are for fun . . . days are for work

regards

Abe
18-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Abe, I was just trying to make mmm some humor , I know you didn't even tried to calculate it :) and try not to work at night , nights are for fun . . . days are for work

Boutros,

We are not all able to enjoy your beautiful Lebanese Nights!!

:) :)

Maybe...............one day...............who knows , I may

botrous
20-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Boutros,

We are not all able to enjoy your beautiful Lebanese Nights!!

Maybe...............one day...............who knows , I may

For sure ............ when you decide .......... I'll be glad to see you in Lebanon , so you enjoy the Lebanese nights and you enjoy smoking the Buka pipe "Nargile" :):)

chemi-cool
20-10-2005, 08:29 PM
So Abe?

How did you do with the delay timer;)

Chemi:)

Abe
21-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Sorry Chem,

I didnt see your question...............My new posts are so FULL these days........that Im still trying to figure things out

Im going to site today, its in Coventry, so Ill look at it again and see if the fans are holding out on the delay

Will report back to you

:)

And I know you have lovely evenings in Israel as well!!!!