PDA

View Full Version : compressor is burning

mbc
30-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Need your help? please

We have 40 hp DWM Discus compressors 6 month old.

It woks 4 month well , but in power station we had electric shock , and compressor is burned and we repaired it in 2 month Compressor is burned 3 times,

Room temperature = -18

Outside temperature = +30

We have control phase in system and delay time for stating and after defrosting system and over load, I checked electric panel 2 times nothing wrong .

All pressure are good and current is good about 38 A and Mechanical parts compressor is good

But we did not change gas (R22) or drier after burning of gas,

Reason of burning could be from of acidity of gas or not?

Fri3Oil System
30-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi MBC,

Gas is not acidic, it is oil which could be acidic and damaging your compressors. If you haven't changed the oil, nor filters, you still have a corrosive ambient in the circuit. It is not necessary to replace the oil, as long as you are able to recycle it. Check the oil pH.

Regards,

Nando.

taz24
30-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Need your help? please

We have 40 hp DWM Discus compressors 6 month old.

It woks 4 month well , but in power station we had electric shock , and compressor is burned and we repaired it in 2 month Compressor is burned 3 times,

Room temperature = -18

Outside temperature = +30

We have control phase in system and delay time for stating and after defrosting system and over load, I checked electric panel 2 times nothing wrong .

All pressure are good and current is good about 38 A and Mechanical parts compressor is good

But we did not change gas (R22) or drier after burning of gas,

Reason of burning could be from of acidity of gas or not?

Hello.

You say you had a power failure and that caused the first comp to fail?
and only after a few months others have failed?

Check all the electrics.

Check the oil pressure switch and the main contactors.

If there is a problem with the supply and the comp is stopping and
starting it will fail.

If the comp failed because of a electrical fault (power surge) then that
should not burn the gas or the oil. But if you suspect the oil you can put
burn out dryers into the system to help remove any acids that may be there.

All the best

taz

mbc
01-10-2011, 04:39 AM
dear sir
every times after burning compressor I changed the oil and put new oil (suniso 3 GS) .
I checked all pressure and oil pressure .
oil pressure comes off after 120 sec. high is set for 20 Bars , low about 0.3 bars,

nike123
01-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Check this Copeland directions and comply in full at what is stated there and you shold be safe that compressor will not burn again because of previous burnings.
http://www.hvacrinfo.com/cope_ae_bulletins/TAE1105.PDF

install monkey
01-10-2011, 11:29 AM
fit suction burn out driers,regularly check pressure drop accross as they are not meant to be left in- also i recommend testing the oil ph level and maybe use acid away-neutraliser-did u change the contactor,liq drier from last time

r.bartlett
01-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Has it got head cooling fan and liquid injection ?

joe-ice
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Along with finding the root cause of the failure ,the compressor protection devices need to be checked ,i assume a compressor this size would have thermal , voltage & amps protection that obviously didnt work

chemi-cool
01-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Most compressors burnuot caused by electrical problems, so unless it has some mechanical problem, I'd check the electrical system real good.

Magoo
01-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Does system have crankcase pressure regulator, to protect compressor from high current draw after defrost.

mbc
02-10-2011, 07:25 PM
dear magoo.
No I did not put crankcase pressure regulator (CPR) , but I put this system.
after finishing defrost system does not works for 4 minutes and then fans come on and after 90 second compressor comes on , so we have not high pressure in crankcase,
also I want to recover gas R22 and put new gas on it for more safety side .