PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic drain pump?

G Cook
29-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Don't usually do air conditioning, but got asked to look at a Panasonic cassette in a shop we look after. It had stopped cooling and was displaying code F15, which turned out to be Drain Level Float Switch. Once the water was drained from the cassette sump it started to work again. I thought I'd see if the lift pump was working so removed the drain pipe from the side of the cassette and filled the sump through the little fill port, but no water appeared out the drain, and i never heard the pump run (unless they are very quiet?) The pipe from the pump to the drain pipe was full of slime which I sucked out hoping that it was just blocked, but still no water.
The float switch appears to be operating as it does stop the unit when the sump is full. So I'm guessing that I'll have to go hunting for the pump as it does not appear to be doing its thing.
What is the easiest way to get to the pump? Is there anything else that I've missed? Cassette model is CS-71U32JP.

Thanks in advance.

install monkey
29-09-2011, 09:07 PM
oh dear-full strip down,move the cut ceiling tiles,t bar from around the cover,remove cover unplug louvre motor,remove 2 metal facias,black plastic facia,3 screws,3 screws for the electrics to dangle,unplug drain pump and float switch,unplug coil sensor,remove fan blade,unscrew 4 corner screws,carefully lower polystyrene drip tray,prob just slime on the drip tray clogging the pump inlet!! changes are the evap coil will need spraying!! good luck- 2hrs to strip,clean.

monkey spanners
29-09-2011, 09:19 PM
What Install said!

Have had it where the slime floated up on the water and blocked the inlet to the pump. Full strip and clean, unit, not me....

Jon :)

Andy AC
29-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Before you go mad and strip it, put it on cooling and check you are getting a signal from the pcb first. I went to a fujitsu cassette today, showing hi level float fault. Drip tray was bone dry, thought that was a little odd, so went in search of float switch see if it was stuck - that's a pain getting to that on an old fujitsu. Not stuck so put back together, reset, ran fine for 30mins until water started streaming out of every available opening. Turns out the pump never had a signal to start with - duff pcb. Don't know where the water from the original high level trip went though.
Save yourself some grief and check signal first.

Andy

G Cook
04-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated! You can waste a lot of time with something when your not familiar with it, so all info is appreciated.
Customer phoned today to say it had worked fine since we were there. The slime removal must have helped!!

install monkey
04-10-2011, 08:07 PM
thanks for the update- can i claim the brownie point!!!

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated! You can waste a lot of time with something when your not familiar with it, so all info is appreciated.
Customer phoned today to say it had worked fine since we were there. The slime removal must have helped!!

G Cook
06-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Haha, go on then install monkey, give yourself a pat on the back!!

frank
06-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Haha, go on then install monkey, give yourself a pat on the back!!

And maybe one of Brian's 'Virtual Doughnuts' :D

install monkey
06-10-2011, 08:57 PM
i thought they were actual doughnuts!!!- oh well looks like i'll have to stay slim!!!

MikeHolm
07-10-2011, 12:11 AM
And maybe one of Brian's 'Virtual Doughnuts' :D

Frank will buy you a "Harvest Pale" if you are really nice.....:D

frank
07-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Frank will buy you a "Harvest Pale" if you are really nice.....:D

Only a 'Virtual' Harvest Pale ....;)