PDA

View Full Version : Donaldson ultracool chiller unit

jebril
28-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi all,
We use the ultracool water chiller from Donaldson (serial number 49964) to cool a laser machine (machine and chiller unit are new, about 5 months). now the water will not be adequately cooled and once the temperature exceeds the 26 °C level the water chiller gives the error A1.

I tried the solutions about error A1 , which described in the manual. But it didn't fix it. I ensure that the water in the tank and in the pipes was not frozen, and the water circuit was not blocked throw any particles. I let also to check the ***** gas, but we didn't indicate any problems with it, and the gas is fully filled.

What we recently noticed, that the fan at the top of the chiller unit doesn't work at the full speed any more. It work at a very low speed and after maybe 2 min, the fan stops and we hear a sound for 1 min. (perhaps the sound came from the compressor or from the radiator, I don’t really know). After this 1 min. the sound stops and the fun works at a very low speed. This is of course not normal because the fan has worked before this error at the highest speed, but now it doesn't any more.
So how can I fix this problem, if it depends on the fan? Or whatever the cause is….

Thank you very much for taking time