PDA

View Full Version : Getting single phase from a Thermo Kind CG-II M324 generator

balwit
25-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I recently purchased a ThermoKing CGII m324. It has a 29hp Kubota and a Onan generator 15HD AL. I was hoping to adapt it as a generator for my off-grid home in Oregon. So far I have only been able to make phase-to-phase connections--it doesn't look like the ground provided in the receptacle is actually bonded to the wye neutral (if that is the right way to refer to it).

Does anyone know if I can get single phase out of one of these units? can I bonded T10, T11, and T12 from the generator to create a neutral point?

Also (!) :Do you know where I could find a Manual for this thing? Even a manual for a similar unit would be helpful since I am mostly looking for routine maintenance requirements.

TIA 5o3 5o3 5642

John

balwit
25-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Title should be Thermo KING

Magoo
27-09-2011, 01:43 AM
You will need a step down transformer, talk to an electrical engineering company, or transformer manufacturer. Not a hugely expensive exercise.

Yuri B.
27-09-2011, 06:56 PM
What voltage(s) and frequency the generator produce and what voltage and frequency your appliances need?
Don't forget also about powers that will be produced and consumed.