PDA

View Full Version : To be in evap with thermocouple

newbieeng
21-09-2011, 06:37 PM
hi guys,
we are preparing a project and we wish to get temperature measurement of evaporator. contrary to classic approach in terms of mesuring temperature (from pipe surface), we are considering to put thermocouples into the evap pipe by drilling it. we want this because we thought that measuring temperature of refrigerator inside the system will make us more correct without deviation. our main problem is pipe diameters and fins on the evap. inner pipe diameter is too small 7 mm and distance between two fins is 5 mm. is there anyone having an idea or comment on how to put thermocouples into pipe with this conditions?

chillerman2006
21-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi new

I have not got the list...but there is such a thing that tells you what the temperature adjustment is for different metals/thickness's when useing a touch probe

putting probes into evap..okish on large evaps...but would restrict flow on a smaller one ie the unit on your other post

R's chillerman

newbieeng
21-09-2011, 07:42 PM
hi chillerman2006
thanks again your answer. if we tackled this problem, we would compare the difference between touch probe and the new method. Also we could validate that whether the flow is restricted too much or not.

chillerman2006
21-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Hi

thinking about it further - instead of just drilling and inserting into tubework

why not elongate the hole and braze a piece on that holds the probe but does not intrude into the original tubework

should suit your needs and not have any effect on flow then

R's chillerman

Brian_UK
21-09-2011, 11:50 PM
You asked this question last month, did you not like the answers?

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?32632-testing-evaporator&p=236398&highlight=#post236398

newbieeng
22-09-2011, 08:24 AM
You asked this question last month, did you not like the answers?

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?32632-testing-evaporator&p=236398&highlight=#post236398

yes I asked and I could not get a sufficient answer. we keep in touch with a big international domestic refrigerator manufacturer. I tried to people having ideas by using this website.

SeanB
25-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Just surface mount it and insulate it with either a small piece of isolon or some polyurethane foam. This will give you the pipe temperature and thus the refrigerant temp, with possibly a 0.1C difference, and with no problems from turbulent flow affecting the probe.