PDA

View Full Version : LMS or Flowmaster ?

newbieeng
21-09-2011, 06:27 PM
hi guys,
we want to buy a design programme of 1-D refrigeration system. we have two choices to pick one of them. Is there anyone having experience on LMS and Flowmaster programs can help me on getting an idea of which one I must choose? which one is more powerful, useful, having exclusive capabilities, etc.? we wish to design an 1-D domestic refrigerator's refrigeration cycle to estimate cooling load, pipe lenghts, evap and cond capacities etc.

chillerman2006
21-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi New

dont know either but do believe this would serve your purpose & its FREE

http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/coolpack/uk/download.html

R's Chillerman

newbieeng
21-09-2011, 07:38 PM
hi chillerman2006,
I know coolPack. It is not too detailed for our purposes. thanks your answer:)

chillerman2006
21-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi

Oh ok mate, have had a browse through the programme but most beyond my needs

Its just there are a few I know here that use it and are well respected in design

Hopefully one of them will notice this when/if on later and are also familiar with the programmes your considering

R's chillerman

newbieeng
22-09-2011, 08:18 AM
thanks chillerman2006 :D

newbieeng
30-09-2011, 10:44 AM
is there noone to know these programs? :eek:

Spanish_Climate
15-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Hello newbieeng,

I believe you work on AirCon company, right?
I used both Softwares, well honestly speaking I started to work on Fortran Codes to develop my heat pumps.
Why Fortran?
Because all Refprop database in based on Fortran code, later my boss started to check for some industrial software. at the beginning CoolPack and other free Softwares later more expensive software like Flowmaster and LMS Amesim.

I made my decision, there is good and bad points on both of them. I think the most important is what kind of modeling you want to perform.

Now there is 3 years I am using AMESim, good point regarding Flowmaster are the transient simulation and a complete database for fluids, at least for me what they have is enough. Bad point, you need to take really care aboput input parameters, if you miss your parameter setting the simulation can take hours.

Well in my case I work in Japan, then LMS has a cuple of guys that were able to help me, Flowmaster nobody who knew what is an expansion Valve.

But As I said, we took this choice, but it really depends on what do you want to perform. I am not able to really say this is better or this is worst. You need to discuss with both companies engineer, because at the end they will need to support.

Hope it helps,

newbieeng
16-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Hi Spanish_Climate,

Firstly, thank you for your answer. I do not work on Aircon Company, unfortunately. I am working on a project of analysing almost all parameters of a domestic refrigerator. I use 1-D program to verify my experimental work on the refrigerator. That's why I wanted to learn which program is the best for it.

I consulted both of the companies and ultimately decided to buy Flowmaster. Why flowmaster? Because the distributor of it in my country is well-known and experience on refrigeration, on contrary, the other seems not experienced enough.