PDA

View Full Version : Increase 100 KB size of attachments.

buddy
21-09-2011, 01:07 AM
Only 100 KB attachment size maximum allowed to upload to the forums?

This is a small size!

A few times I have wanted to upload an attachment as a reference document and could not because of it being over 100 KB so I didn't contribute the the discussion.

This small size is killing discussion.

I have 1 attachment now to contribute to a discussion in the Supermarket forum but I cant upload it because its over the maximum of 100KB?

Its only a 1 page Pdf file and only 143 KB.

Moderators please increase the maximum KB size for attachments as the present maximum of 100 KB is killing discussion.

best regards

nike123
21-09-2011, 01:30 AM
You have file sharing sites like Rapidshare (https://www.rapidshare.com/) and Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/). Upload document there and post link in your post.

buddy
21-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Hi Nike123,

Yes I understand that we can upload to many sites like you have suggested.

but my point is why do we have to jump through all these hoops and go onto other websites to upload such a piffling small file?

Its not as though I am not uploading a 100 slide presentation here.

And what about those guys who may have something good to contribute to a discussion and are not to computer and internet savy, they certainly wont bother jumping through all these hoops to upload a piffling little file.

I just think the small size is contributing to suppression of valuable input to discussions on the forums.

My take on it anyway.

WebRam
21-09-2011, 06:47 PM
it is a good point but what if I increase to 200kb then someone asks for it to be set to 300kb ............ then someone else asks for it to go to 400kb ............. etc.

all those kb's are stored on this server and that costs money and slows down the site. There has to be a cut off point I am afraid.

buddy
25-09-2011, 10:08 PM
it is a good point but what if I increase to 200kb then someone asks for it to be set to 300kb ............ then someone else asks for it to go to 400kb ............. etc.

all those kb's are stored on this server and that costs money and slows down the site. There has to be a cut off point I am afraid.

I understand your point, however the Pdf file I wanted to upload is only 143Kb with no photos, pics or illustrations.

The 100Kb maximum is so small a size you might as well not even bother to have it as a feature.

Just trying to offer suggestions to improve your website.

MikeHolm
26-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Sometimes in acrobat when you hit "save as" not save, the file size will reduce. It strips away some un-needed parts of the file. Depends on your original file size to see if it will get to 100kb. I'm on a few sites where 100kb is the limit.