PDA

View Full Version : Plate freezer tunnel requirments

nanuuk
20-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Looking into putting in a plate freezer does anyone know of any links that show examples of piping designs and equipment requirments for such a project? Medium would be ammonia thanx for your time.

Magoo
21-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi
more info required, is it a tunnel or a plate freezer, liquid overfeed etc.,

AMP
30-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Looking into putting in a plate freezer does anyone know of any links that show examples of piping designs and equipment requirments for such a project? Medium would be ammonia thanx for your time.

Are you referring to horizontal Plate Freezer or Vertical Plate Freezers?
If you are going to install Horizontal plate freezers, you can forget about defrosting system. It would simplify a lot your installation and avoid a lot of problems that can come across with hot gas line (even with a good design). Then, the unit is a typical pump recirculation system evaporating at -35 ºC or -45ºC and with ECO. I suggest not going into a flooded installation. The system has a lot of changes in evap temp from the cycle start to the cycle end.

If the plate freezer is a vertical one, you have to go for a pump recirculation system and hot gas defrosting. This is mandatory. There are many options for the defrost but, if you contact the plate freezer manufacturers, maybe they can supply the valves assembled from factory. See the pic I found in the internet as an example. If they install the valves .... they have to explain how to regulate them ;)

I know I didn't give you so much information, but I hope I could help. A refrigerant unit for plate freezers is no so different. The difference come from the ammonia more than from the plate freezer and I assume you are experienced on that. Otherwise, be careful with the links on the web.