PDA

View Full Version : we should be ashamed well i am.

cadwaladr
20-09-2011, 12:15 AM
i have just heard how much has been raised for the 4 dead miners families and i will be sending some money asap,the figure to date is 60,000 sterling i think the media should publisize an appeal to help people donate more!!!

Brian_UK
20-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Whilst I commend your thoughts on this matter can I ask you whether you donated any money to any of the family members of the 1850 odd people who died on the roads last year, never mind the people who died due to illness or injury?

This is a personal response and not that of the forum administration team.

Grizzly
21-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Brave comments to admit to your cynicism there Brian.
However I agree, sadly for every person whose loss of life is well reported and a sympathy fund set-up.
There are hundreds that fall through the net.
Cadwaladr, I am in no way criticizing your expressed thoughts which are totally Honorable.
Just agreeing with Brian.
And yes I speak through personal experience.
Grizzly

install monkey
21-09-2011, 09:02 AM
The problem is if it was a freak accident then the families of the victims will only get mortgages/loans paid,and any other life insurance policy,but if the hse discover that the employer was to blame then hopefully the comoensation will compensate the victims families. As you say its not fridge related but it is in general chit chat,so surely anything goes within reason.

chillerman2006
21-09-2011, 07:28 PM
cadwaladr

I have my own causes I donate to reguarly...as above mate...its personell choice and no one should be shamed into donating or worse still shamed that they can not afford to

If its something that you feel that strong about, why not organise some charity events local to yourself and raise funds that way

Sad incident but we dont all follow the same good causes or can afford to give to all

R's chillerman

monkey spanners
21-09-2011, 10:09 PM
I think all we can do when a cause stikes a chord with us is to donate or help as we see fit.

There are so many deserving causes and people we'd all soon exhaust our funds trying to support them all.

Jon :)

chemi-cool
22-09-2011, 09:55 AM
The will to donate, comes from the heart and is different from person to person.

You donate [if you can afford] to what ever you close to.

It is impossible and out of place to criticize a donation [unless the outcome can hurt somebody]

Me for example, donate on regular bases to a children hospital.