PDA

View Full Version : taking spigots off daikin cassettes

r.bartlett
17-09-2011, 04:36 PM
chaps

I know they have a fresh air in spigot but does anyone know if you can take a spigot (or two) off the side of Daikin cassettes (not roundflow) as we have an office which is being split into 3 and they want to take off from the cassette to feed each side office,we know they won't have control but it's better than nothing and it reduces capacity from the cassette in the reduced office.

TIA

stufus
17-09-2011, 05:08 PM
I have done this in the past on mitsu cassettes for similar reasons ,block the outlet in the grille on the side you are taking the spigots off.
Not great but sometimes you just got to do what you can.
cheers
Stu

install monkey
17-09-2011, 06:14 PM
rb yep u can,on a cassette on the 3 sides there is a rectanglar cutout,use tinsnips and a stanley knife to carefully cut the polysytrene then get a sq to round fitting and insulate it!,as a cheaper option get a 200mm od spigot and get a 200mm od starret cutter and cut the hole first then mount the spigot.
as stufus says gat some 5/8 armaflex and block the outlet on that perticular side,oh and use insulated flexi duct.
i use the white air valves as outlet grilles as its cheaper,for increased performance fit an inline fan with speed controller to give some control.

r.bartlett
17-09-2011, 06:21 PM
I saw the rectangle cut outs but couldn't find any details . I will use our nibbler and a 200 dia spigot exactly the same as you. I will offer them the additional fan upgrade but I doubt they will take it as it adds a few hundred to each take off because I wont use those cheap round inline fans as they are far too noisy...

install monkey
17-09-2011, 06:25 PM
if its only a short run as you mention "newly partitioned offices" you shouldnt need an inline fan. insulated flexi comes in 10mtr lengths and when u open it out the box and stretch it its amazing how it shrinks in the ceiling void

I saw the rectangle cut outs but couldn't find any details . I will use our nibbler and a 200 dia spigot exactly the same as you. I will offer them the additional fan upgrade but I doubt they will take it as it adds a few hundred to each take off because I wont use those cheap round inline fans as they are far too noisy...

r.bartlett
17-09-2011, 06:30 PM
if its only a short run as you mention "newly partitioned offices" you shouldnt need an inline fan. insulated flexi comes in 10mtr lengths and when u open it out the box and stretch it its amazing how it shrinks in the ceiling void

often the time we have put in 10m of flexiduct and it gets nowhere near as far as it should. Like 60kg refrigerant cylinders only having 58kg when weighed out and copper being 29m not 30m when unrolled, I am sure we're being short changed

install monkey
17-09-2011, 06:41 PM
its due to lateral compression-i think desa or mad fridgie can explain how- as for copper pipe only worry when theres a 30mtr coil and its a 6 mtr run-in that case you have pykies on site!