PDA

View Full Version : CIAT CL65A / Expair 8000 DDA

dlacko
16-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi guys, it took me a while to find this forum so I really hope someone can help me.

We have a server room with a pretty big (well, to household standards at least) cooler. It's a CIAT CL65A with Expair 8000 DDA, wonderful products of the marvelous french industry. It's a pretty simple system with a hell lot of useless electronics packed inside to make is impossible to fix without a "professional" that only the official dealer can send out. We are pretty low on budget and the compresson in one of the external units died silently during the hot summer. It's a 30 kW system but 15 kW should be sufficient for our needs. What I'd like to know whether it's possible to run the thing with one external unit at half power (even if it's not safe by the manufacturers' recommendations). The problem is that Unit 1 always reports a failure to the central controller system (well it's dead, no wonder) but I want to tweak it somehow and get rid of the failure report. I've found two wires in the docs that are called unit 1 failure. Any idea what would happen if I just disconnected them?

goshen
16-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi
there is a good reason the unit should not be run with one compressor dead!
if the gas circuit is united to both compressors, you will eventully burn out the second comp as well !
i would assume that the compressor 1, as you call it, has a overload, or a circuit breaker ,being a european unit, and these two wires ,are connected to the digital input, of the controler that is reporting this failure ,so if you disconnect thes wires you will probably cancel this alarm .
however, i strongly reccomend you do this by a ref tech ,who knows what he is doing.
these wires could be somthing else, and might be" live"
good luck

dlacko
16-09-2011, 01:56 PM
The gas circuits are completely separate. According to the wiring diagram, there are two pairs of wires reporting the alarm, one for each condenser. Actually, I'm working on this with some tech guys but they unfortunately don't know much about these fancy controller circuits.

goshen
16-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi
if that is the case than there isnt any problem running the second comp considering head pressure is maintained seperatly!
i hope you have the controller model, if so post it and i will check if i have access to it.
good luck