PDA

View Full Version : Pipework cleaning up (Inside)

Latte
14-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering what everone's experiences were with cleaning of pipes after a burn-out.

Today, i was in London replacing a compressor on a Fijutsi AOY30 and the oil inside the pipework was as bad as i have ever seen it. Now i have never used any of these expensive flush systems but i done what i normally would and that was to blow through the system as hard as poss with OFN and fit a suction drier.

The system worked ok for 20 mins then pulled a vac. Reclaimed gas, blew through again, vac'd and regassed and once again worked ok for 20 mins then pulled a vac.

Spoke to someone at out Fujitsu dealer and they told me the little copper drier on the condensers were prone to breaking up on these units and depositing in the system and causing this. The copper spun has 2 inlets (3/8) and outlet to cap tube. HRP/NRS dont have anything like it so looks like OEM part.

I have never known one of these to clog although saying that i have not done a huge amount of a/c compressors. What do you guy's use to flush out he pipework or on bad systems do you just replace the whole lot

Regards

Fatboy

Latte
15-10-2005, 11:28 AM
as for nrs and hrp not holding stock, this comes as no suprise to me whatsoever. there stock levels are laughable at best. hrp warrington had no 1/2" flare nuts last time i was there.:mad:

I think we must be very lucky in East Anglia, HRP Norwich and Bury, And NRS Norwich and Cambridge have MOST of the time have had everything i have needed in a hurry. I went into NRS Barking this week and they didn't have ANY suction driers.

I have heard a lot of bad reports about suppliers from other parts of the country and certainly from from the immergence of other suppliers in recent years (RPW/SRW and like) The big boys are not having it their own way. Probably the fact there are no other suppliers in east anglia show that HRP/NRS/D&W are doing their job in this area OK.

back to the original job, i got a drier from Fujitsu as this type is not even listed in the NRS/HRP books and went back, reclaimed, replaced it, Blew through and pressure tested vac'd out and regasses.

GUESS WHAT :rolleyes: Unit run for 5 mins and pulled a vac :eek: Drier no longer frosting up so looks like there could possible be a strainer in the indoor unit. Do Fujitsu's have these, i know certain mitsi's do but this is now the only place i havn't physically looked

Regards

Fatboy

Latte
16-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Hi Guys,

I guess i am back down on the smoke tommorow so can anyone tell me if Fujitsu's normally have a strainer/filter on wall mounted indoor units.

Sorry i do not know the indoor model numbers

Regards

Fatboy

Cofreth
16-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Suggest you by-pass the original copper strainer with a copper tube and install a filter drier after your liquid service valve. A filter drier can catch more dirt than a copper strainer, when it choked just pumpdown the system and replace it with ease..

Latte
22-10-2005, 02:40 AM
Hi Guys,

Just to give you an update, I go a OEM Copper spun drier from the local Fujitsu dealer, took the old one off and blew through the system. refiited new one, vac'd and regassed and it blocked before i even had time to charge the system fully. Reclaimed, remove drier and cut out, cut drier in half and full of solid black bits.

I have ended up using the bottom half of the drier with the to 3/8 inlets and fitting the cap tube straight to it.
Left the unit with a 165 suction drier on it and it was running OK. Will need to go back and replace it though but just hope it doesn't block the cap tube in the meantime.

Regards

Fatboy

Andy W
22-10-2005, 12:54 PM
I have only just seen this post, I had exactly the same problem on one that I changed a compressor on a Fujitsu ducted system, the system showed signs of a blockage, reclaimed the gas, cut the filter out and bypassed it, blew out the system with OFN weighed a fresh charge in, ran the system, still blocked, further examination and stripping down of all the panels found a second filter still in the condensing unit, cut it out, blew the system, weighed in a charge and it worked. Fitted a flared heat pump drier and ran it for a week, went back, replaced the drier and everything was still working fine. That was 6 months ago, I must persuade them to have the drier and gas charge replaced just to be on thesafe side.

Incidentally, after fitting the compressor, my supplier told me he could of got me a complete condensing unit for £200 more than the compressor...........arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Latte
22-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi Andy,

We used to have exactly the same thing with Mitsi's
Compressors going down and instead of p***ing around is was just as cheap to replace the complete unit.

Unforunatly these days you can't get R22 units anymore so you have to try and repair unless you can sell al complete system

Regards

Ray