PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi over door heater

weidit
10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi all
Was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I have been working on a vrf system with 6 normal indoor Ac units and one thermoscreens door heater. All units have a par27 remote except the door Heater which has a par21. I have addressed and ran up all units and are all working correctly accept the door heater. This runs in cool/heat mode with good air offs then cuts out with error 6607. I have checked the mnet and am happy it's all ok. I know it's addressed correctly as it's seems on te centralised controller and can run for short period.

Any ideas?

install monkey
10-09-2011, 11:22 PM
any loose connections on the power 240v to the heater or in the isolator. test u have 30vdc on the mnet,have u checked the address on the par21.
disconnect the local controller and test operation on the g50/central controller

weidit
11-09-2011, 08:46 AM
I have Done the following with no success. It's addressed as unit 02 wasn't sure if it is the par21 causing the problem.

install monkey
11-09-2011, 10:03 AM
ive checked mitsi website and theres only dimensinal drawings for the thermoscreen no installation/service info

r.bartlett
11-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Thermatech is you're man for this..

weidit
11-09-2011, 11:15 AM
It's a weird one. Got mnet voltage in and out. Power in the right places etc.. Just runs and goes out. I'm not to familiar with Mitsi but it's addressed 02 on system. 01 works fine and so do the units after it. The only thing I did pick up on was that when first turning the door heater on he controller was locked under centralised control. For which I'm not sure why? No unlocked and works for short time before going out on 6607 error.

install monkey
11-09-2011, 11:21 AM
does the par21 need addressing? i'll send u a manual for the par21

stufus
11-09-2011, 11:39 AM
With the thermoscreen being address no.2 and connected to a par 21 has someone programmed the central controller to tell it unit address 002 is connected to controller 102 which does not exist ,so it drops out on 6607 (no ack) as it can't find controller 102.
Check the central controller to make sure IC 002 has no controller address assigned
I may be wrong but should a par 21 be connected to the M-Net at all ,some thing is telling me it should be on the 12v circuit.
Cheers
Stu

install monkey
11-09-2011, 11:53 AM
par 21 is a ma controller so connects on tb15 not the m net and doesnt need addressing
M-NET Address settings

(1) Address settings table

The need for address settings and the range of address setting depend on the configuration of the system.

*1. Address setting is not required for a City Multi system that consists of a single refrigerant circuit (with some exceptions).

*2. To set the ME remote controller address to "200", set the rotary switches to "00".

*3. To set the outdoor unit address to "100," set the rotary switches to "50."

*4. Some indoor units have 2 or 3 controller boards that require address settings.

No. 2 controller board address must be equal to the sum of the No. 1 controller board address and 1, and the No.3

controller board address must equal to the No. 1 controller address and 2.

*5. The outdoor units in the same refrigerant circuit are automatically designated as OC, OS1, and OS2 in the order of

capacity from large to small (if two or more units have the same capacity, in the order of address from small to large).

Unit or controller Address setting

range

Setting method Factory

setting

CITY MULTI indoor

unit

Main/sub unit 00,

01 to 50

Assign the smallest address to the main indoor unit in the

group, and assign sequential address numbers to the rest

of the indoor units in the same group.

M-NET adapter

M-NET control interface

Free Plan adapter

LOSSNAY, OA processing unit

Air handling kit

01 to 50

Assign an arbitrary but unique address to each of

these units after assigning an address to all indoor

units.

ME remote controller

Main remote

controller

101 to 150 Add 100 to the smallest address of all the indoor units

in the same group.

Sub remote

controller

151 to 200

*2 Add 150 to the smallest address of all the indoor units

in the same group.

MA remote controller No address settings required. (The main/sub setting must be made if 2

remote controllers are connected to the system.)

Main

stufus
11-09-2011, 11:56 AM
I found this but you probably have it all ready.
It's all a bit involved for an air curtain if you ask me:confused:
http://www.thermoscreens.com/en/downloads/downloads/manuals/VRF%20PHV%20HEAT%20PUMP%20INSTRUCTIONS%209901035-2%20UK.pdf (taken from thermoscreens website)
Cheers
Stu

stufus
14-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey Weidit
Did you figure this one out????
Cheers
Stu

JoeAT50A
16-09-2011, 10:45 AM
ME and MA remote controller should not be used together in a system without system controller or centralized controller.
Weidit, any system controller in your system?