PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV II retrofitting water heat recovery and solar

r.bartlett
10-09-2011, 02:51 PM
chaps

A client who has a 2x REYQ 26 M8(10+16) stamped 2006 wants to retrofit with solar and hot water heat recovery.

current capacity

indoor 84kw
outdoor 71kw

Are there any Daikin bod's here who know if this can be done or not?

TIA

Richard
( I am assuming it's VRVII BTW :-)
units are 2 x REYQ16M8W1B + 10

install monkey
10-09-2011, 03:21 PM
is it wII watercooled condensers,if so with the heat recovery are u intending to heat a dhw cylinder?

chillerman2006
10-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Good After RB

have you rtfm :D spoken to a Daikin dealer :D & we do not want to helping those not competent, as they may hurt themselves, so are you & have you got your f-gas :D:D

Sorry mate ....... you left yourself wide open to them few

I will remember to duck when passing through your way next,

R's chillerman

r.bartlett
10-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Good After RB

have you rtfm :D spoken to a Daikin dealer :D & we do not want to helping those not competent, as they may hurt themselves, so are you & have you got your f-gas :D:D

Sorry mate ....... you left yourself wide open to them few

I will remember to duck when passing through your way next,

R's chillerman

Sadly DUk do not open on the weekends so that's a problem hence why I came here. For our F-Gas certificate please see our website

http://www.ambientcontrol.co.uk/pdfs/fgas_fullstatus.pdf

My own is available on request. As regards competent then you've got me banged to rights!:cool:

r.bartlett
10-09-2011, 03:56 PM
is it wII watercooled condensers,if so with the heat recovery are u intending to heat a dhw cylinder?

No std VRV air condensers... The client has all sorts of idea's most are valid and interesting but we're on a real tight frame. Job is due to start 17th and he bombarded me with all sorts of requests. First time I met him though and a decent knowlegable chap so we are investigating options..

chillerman2006
10-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Sadly DUk do not open on the weekends so that's a problem hence why I came here. For our F-Gas certificate please see our website

http://www.ambientcontrol.co.uk/pdfs/fgas_fullstatus.pdf

My own is available on request. As regards competent then you've got me banged to rights!:cool:

Well that was good justification, on its own ;)
My a/c let alone vrv knowledge can be written on back of stamp, not much help to you there, mate

But will keep thread alive during the night, so our friends over the ponds see it aswell

Maybe its about time all Manufacturers provided 24/7 support ... which could be implemented here ... it would not just provide the support when needed but also, would stand them in good light fo sales ... and of course up site attendance/membership & in turn site adverts/revenue ...... yeah ok 'Install' before you tell me again today 'Isa creep' ! :eek:

R's chillerman

r.bartlett
10-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Well that was good justification, on its own ;)
My a/c let alone vrv knowledge can be written on back of stamp, not much help to you there, mate

But will keep thread alive during the night, so our friends over the ponds see it aswell

Maybe its about time all Manufacturers provided 24/7 support ... which could be implemented here ... it would not just provide the support when needed but also, would stand them in good light fo sales ... and of course up site attendance/membership & in turn site adverts/revenue ...... yeah ok 'Install' before you tell me again today 'Isa creep' ! :eek:

R's chillerman

Toshiba provide the best tech support in the UK and is 24/7 direct to an engineer. The others should take note instead of scrimping on their call centre

al
10-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Richard

Where in the process does he want to add the solar, does the existing VRV provide water heating?

Are you looking at adding an Altherma set up or similar?

Just curious as to where the vrv comes in (other than hacking the discharge through a plate heat exchanger?)

Other wise it's a question of DHW tank selection etc

Alec

r.bartlett
10-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Richard

Where in the process does he want to add the solar, does the existing VRV provide water heating?

Are you looking at adding an Altherma set up or similar?

Just curious as to where the vrv comes in (other than hacking the discharge through a plate heat exchanger?)

Other wise it's a question of DHW tank selection etc

Alec
Daikin VRV can incorporate heat recovery into water as part of the system.
http://www.daikin.co.uk/heat-recovery/VRVIII-heat-recovery/default.jsp

I worry that in winter there will be little heat left to heat water but my client suggest it will switch over to the imersion heater for those few days..

i believe it's only available for VRV III but need this confirmed

install monkey
10-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Can u not persuade him into photovoltaic solar panels,as the downtime of the vrv,s being hacked repiped etc is going to affect the staff.and more energy efficient lighting?

al
10-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Richard

Going on the capacities you give, the outdoor is already undersized compared to the indoors (71inside to 84kw out), would adding heat recovery not put you under extreme pressure if we have a winter repeating like last year? Although a smart ambient control could solve this, ie switch off heat recovery when ambient is below zero or so?

Good suggestions from IM there too.

alec

install monkey
10-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Diversity of 130% is normal for a vrv,as generally not all the indoors have 100% demand. I personally don't think it's worth mauling with some kit that's 5yr old,also in winter when ur in full heating mode ur not gonna be able to generate any heat reclaim,the money ur customer is saving by not mauling with the kit would enable him to spend on more panels,maybe an altherma system to heat his water or solar for hot water generation.collecting rain water for toilet flushing,biomass boilers for waste incineration,mixers on taps,pirs on lighting,skylight domes for free lighting.inverter drives on ventilation fans,pumps-look at me mr Eco monkey!!!!

r.bartlett
10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Can u not persuade him into photovoltaic solar panels,as the downtime of the vrv,s being hacked repiped etc is going to affect the staff.and more energy efficient lighting?

Ironically he has pencilled offf 70% of the flat roof for PV. I'm no fan of them but he is and that is what counts!

Let's nail this one :
The VRV won't be hacked or ripped as it's only going to be fitted if it can be normally incorporated into the system .Which can be done to VRV depending upon certain criteria which i am trying to find out

al
10-09-2011, 06:58 PM
That would be my worry too mr eco monkey!! A system already under pressure being asked to heat water too could be asking for trouble.

alec

chillerman2006
10-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Ironically he has pencilled offf 70% of the flat roof for PV.

RB

If you are going to be involved in this side of it mate, MikeHolm is the man for pv.
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/member.php?52492-MikeHolm

worth dropping him a line, quite often about around now

R's chillerman

chillerman2006
11-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Toshiba provide the best tech support in the UK and is 24/7 direct to an engineer. The others should take note instead of scrimping on their call centre

Well that should help Toshiba sales,

Just got back online, have you's worked out if this equipment can do the job ?

Has Mr holm put in an appearance & seen this or did you pm him

R's chillerman

r.bartlett
11-09-2011, 08:09 AM
RB

If you are going to be involved in this side of it mate, MikeHolm is the man for pv.
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/member.php?52492-MikeHolm

worth dropping him a line, quite often about around now

R's chillerman

The whole building is being done but in stages. PV is something like stage 15 and we haven't started yet

r.bartlett
11-09-2011, 08:14 AM
That would be my worry too mr eco monkey!! A system already under pressure being asked to heat water too could be asking for trouble.

alec

We suspected it would be over indexed so he has already suggested swapping the 10's for another 16 to make it 2 x 32. Then we would use the two 10's on another part of the building. Most of these idea's won't get the go-ahead but he wants all the alternatives before he green lights the way he wants to go forward

Personally I would prefer he sticks with the current set up and leaves the water side till the next floor is done.

install monkey
11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
best to get a daikin rep to site to survey and do the donkey work to ensure any plans are viable then youve covered ur butt if there is any performance issues

r.bartlett
11-09-2011, 11:26 AM
best to get a daikin rep to site to survey and do the donkey work to ensure any plans are viable then youve covered ur butt if there is any performance issues

I have already emailed DUK but as you probably know they work at their own pace..

install monkey
11-09-2011, 11:29 AM
mention that the customer has had mitsi knocking at his door, ring neil foley or the fqs team

c4ble
02-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Are you looking for this types?

http://www.zonemaster.com.sg/Lennox_HeatRecovery.htm (http://www.zonemaster.com.sg/Lennox_HeatRecovery.htm)
http://www.e (http://www.zonemaster.com.sg/Lennox_HeatRecovery.htm)cogen.com.my