PDA

View Full Version : Rses

terrie73
13-10-2005, 07:43 PM
just took delivery of SAM

not bad ordered it through rses 4 binders of info on most things HVACR

IVE been a member now for the past 3 years and i've been toying with the idea of purchasing some stuff from them, finally as i dont like giving card details over the net i've ordered them they have arrived

membersip is only about £50 a year and what a treat i get a monthly mag and updates for my to put in my new
collection

what a minefeild of information

i used to subscribe/member to SES and get their technical bullitins but i lost all my jargon due to having it in the cupboard and one day realising a bottle of anti- freeze had split and leaked over them + wiping out some old manuals that i've built up over the years got the hump and threw them away not satisfeid looking at blue stained pages and having to try and salvage them and try to dry out

so ive invested in these and to my delight there something else not bad priced at $200 dallors
but idecided to buy the combo package with all SAM 2.1 on cd

Does anyone here in England know or heard of RSES
Im thinking of taking one of their online courses

please take a look at link

www.rses.org

see what you think

cheers

chemi-cool
13-10-2005, 09:09 PM
It is an American thing, how can you do it from the UK?

Chemi:)

terrie73
13-10-2005, 09:19 PM
online or they can send you books/ technical info by post

chillin out
13-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Terrie,

What is it with you and courses???

Why dont you pack in engineering and become a teacher?

I am not knocking you , I wouldnt mind doing a couple myself, but you seem to be obsessed with them. lol

chillin:) :)

wambat
13-10-2005, 11:32 PM
online or they can send you books/ technical info by post

this is a handy site:
http://www.rsesjournal.com/archives.cfm

US Iceman
14-10-2005, 04:22 AM
If any of you are interested in training information for industrial refrigeration try,

www.reta.com

The link below describes the related material.
http://www.reta.com/education/pubsform1204REV2.pdf

stan1488
14-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Long time member of Los Angeles chapter,the " Cool Breeze" :cool: gained alot of insight starting out from old timers, I have SAMs , surprisingly never ended up using them much, stan

terrie73
14-10-2005, 08:32 AM
havent had enough of them yet m8 while i still enjoy doing them why not not enough courses available here in uk and then they want £200/350 a day

terrie73
14-10-2005, 08:34 AM
yeah maybe one day i would like to do some teaching but i'm still learning myself

JLI
15-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Hello. I'm from the States. I've been a member of RSES since 98'. You are correct about the Info. in the Magazine. Lot's of Valuable Info. Are you also getting the Binder Inserts and the Copy of Indoor Comfort? The binder inserts are really informative and the Indoor Comfort is a news paper on the industry. The SAMS Manuels are for Testing. I have taken the Magazines to work to "Enlighten" those who have trouble with understanding the Basics of Refrigeration and HVAC applications, or have forgotten them.

terrie73
19-10-2005, 08:26 AM
we have something similar here called SES

but the difference between the 2 is with sam you start of with info covering most topics

where here you get 1 @2 bullintins every quarter