PDA

View Full Version : Temperature unit changed from C to F

reeferj
09-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi, guys, another problem now. I met a very old carrier unit: phoenix advantage, it is a old style control with two sections, right side is the status of the unit like engine hot, cool mode, heat mode.....

the other section is unit information, like setpoint change, sensor temp, defrost, etc.

As the customer request, how to change temperature unit from C to F?

sonkax
09-09-2011, 07:23 PM
can you post a pic of control panel?

mouse
11-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi, guys, another problem now. I met a very old carrier unit: phoenix advantage, it is a old style control with two sections, right side is the status of the unit like engine hot, cool mode, heat mode.....

the other section is unit information, like setpoint change, sensor temp, defrost, etc.

Are you talking about model NDA-741,749 ?
It s missing from operation and service manual...:confused:

chillerman2006
11-09-2011, 12:52 PM
another problem now. I met a very old carrier unit: phoenix advantage,

All the pheonix you met (very strange) or the customer needs to do is call an engineer

We now know your not an engineer & the question really is ........ should info be given to the Unqualified ? No

gravy258
12-09-2011, 01:01 PM
All the pheonix you met (very strange) or the customer needs to do is call an engineer

We now know your not an engineer & the question really is ........ should info be given to the Unqualified ? No

C to F is no great ask, i take it you don't have a answer

chillerman2006
12-09-2011, 04:05 PM
C to F is no great ask, i take it you don't have a answer

Take what you like .... the op sits at desk .... leech's lots of info & does not contribute

Robert Hilton
12-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Take what you like .... the op sits at desk .... leech's lots of info & does not contribute
Are you Vegemate?

chillerman2006
12-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Are you Vegemate?
Whats that then in english ???

chillerman2006
12-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Come on then where's all the Tranny's, are you going to do a fellow Fridgie out of work by feeding the owner the answer or have you wised up like we have on the rest of the forum ???

MikeHolm
12-09-2011, 10:49 PM

Oh hell tell them to learn metric, we are not in the dark ages anymore (apologies down south but...)

chillerman2006
12-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Well ReeferJ

at the risk of being b*tched at for not giving you a 101% correct answer, I do recall from some 15 years ago a unit that had come in transcontinental (maybe a phoenix) that was set in 'f' & cure was a dip switch on the main board with a 'c' one side & 'f' the other ...... a quick look in the panel will eliminate that one

thought best try and help as Mike's your comrade ;)

R's chillerman

MikeHolm
12-09-2011, 11:59 PM
And CM might be a new neighbour

chillerman2006
13-09-2011, 12:17 AM

Scenario 1

Canada, I had considered it Mike, I like bears, Argh ! (at a safe distance) but the ground opening up, due to its thawing out is a bit worrying..... is that all over or just certain parts ??

Scenario 2

Yes have taken a role with some kick *ss authority but I am not hanging up my tools to push pens for at least another 15 years .... Unless I get a couple of dolly birds that know how to please the boss ;)... then I may be tempted ;)

R's chillerman

chillerman2006
13-09-2011, 01:23 AM

Scenario 3

Mike's coming to live in the uk ???

R's chillerman

MikeHolm
13-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Thought about coming over and work as a freebee apprentice to one you guys for a couple of weeks, too bad I'm up to my ears in work a the mo.

MikeHolm
13-09-2011, 01:44 AM
The idea of being in one of monkey spanners "heavy diesel" vids had appeal

chillerman2006
13-09-2011, 02:33 AM
The idea of being in one of monkey spanners "heavy diesel" vids had appeal

If you wanna be in a film Mike, I know a man who could fit you up for that :D

Can travel light, your only need a towel ;)

R's chillerman

chillerman2006
13-09-2011, 02:36 AM
Thought about coming over and work as a freebee apprentice to one you guys for a couple of weeks, too bad I'm up to my ears in work a the mo.

Thats a shame the girls liked your pic when I was browsing your site a couple of weeks back

MikeHolm
13-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Man, no time for more work pics or more current political rants. Oh Well, I wanted to be in the vid (with more than a towel), "oi, here is a lovely little unit but you can see the suction line was replaced with garden hose...lets turn it on and see what the pressure are":D

chillerman2006
13-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Man, no time for more work pics or more current political rants. Oh Well, I wanted to be in the vid (with more than a towel), "oi, here is a lovely little unit but you can see the suction line was replaced with garden hose...lets turn it on and see what the pressure are":D

I best not let the girls here about this they will flying out to Toronto !!

MikeHolm
13-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Better post the girls pics so i can make a decision....."should i stay or should i go now. If i stay there will be trouble....." you know the rest.

chillerman2006
13-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Better post the girls pics so i can make a decision....."should i stay or should i go now. If i stay there will be trouble....." you know the rest.

Can not post...they would not be best pleased but have pm'ed them to you along with one 'install monkey' has on offer & 'simon@parker is a dark horse on the quiet he has two at the minute, so he can spare one too

MikeHolm
13-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Mores to share, like that. Can be a lonely night in a new country but I think I will stay out of the shower, if you know what i mean (no room anyway). Off to work.

chillerman2006
13-09-2011, 01:44 PM
I dont know what you mean mate, he has plenty there to share, and like that its probaly the only chance of gaining entry ;)

R's chillerman

Robert Hilton
14-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Whats that then in english ???
Not far off, Australia. Although he does hang around with an expat. You could related, both being pranksters that is.

chillerman2006
14-09-2011, 10:42 PM
You could related, both being pranksters that is.

Thanks Robert, we both talking 'double dutch' as well then :D

Why take thinks too serious, treat everything as a laugh, especially when the feeling of anger imerges, just laugh at it or turn it into a comedy

Thats the way I work anyway.......

Regards Chillerman (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/member.php?4978-chillerman2006)

Boss302
16-09-2011, 08:47 PM
I believe you have to cut a diode on the board to put it into C. There are 8 diodes labeled W1 thru W8. I don't remember which diode is for the units of measure.

reeferj
22-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks all your guys reply. So just stuck here. and let the customer to get used to it!