PDA

View Full Version : Daikin R407c VRV with KRP board wired for a time clock

Steven_AC
08-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Couple of months ago i was asked to move around a few units on a Daikin R407c VRV and recently been back just to finish off and commission. Everything is fine except i have a 2 core cable going back to a panel which has a krp board in for a time clock function for this VRV and 3 others. For the life of me i cant remember what terminal it came out of on the fan coil, after having a conversation with daikin technical i was told it goes to P1 P2 terminals but this brings up a U5 fault and they also said that the KRP board can only be used on one fancoil??

Any help would be much appreciated.

regcooldude
08-09-2011, 05:21 PM
krp's are usually fitted to the first bs box, this should switch all fan coils on/off for that particular vrv system.

Steven_AC
08-09-2011, 06:02 PM
This is a 2 pipe system and a 2 core cable previously did go to a fan coil just don't remember which terminals. The fan coil that it was previously wired to was the master controller (was the only controller which can select heating/cooling) this has now been changed to another location not sure if that has anything to do with the U5 fault or not when wired to the P1 & P2 terminals.

install monkey
08-09-2011, 07:00 PM
krp timer connects to the controller connections-also the adaptor plugs onto the indoor pcb, on the master unit

Steven_AC
08-09-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm back to have a look tomorrow, I don't recall seeing a cable from the krp that plugs into the indoor pcb. just the two core cable should i try changing the unit back to being the master and wiring it to P1 & P2?

charlie patt
08-09-2011, 07:45 PM
is there a trend controller involved somewhere

Steven_AC
08-09-2011, 07:51 PM
No there's not, the 2 core cable goes back to a panel with 3 boards a time clock and a couple of relays and 3 other 2 core able which I assume go to the other 3 VRV's

Steven_AC
09-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Sorted it, the krp can only be wired into the master fan coil unit p1 & p2 terminals

gammon
14-09-2011, 11:48 AM
It depends what the KRP board is connected to and what its switching.......... oh and dont let Terry wire up the controller.