View Full Version : After NVQ level 3?

05-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Right im currently doing my NVQ level 2 in wales and i know futher education after that is the NVQ level 3...
but i want to know what course/ training is available in uni for HVAC design / installation?
i've had a browse around and i think it comes up mechanical engineering but im not too sure...

anyone got any knowledge that might point me in the right direction?

thanks for reading

06-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Not sure if it's the same in Wales but you can do a HNC/ HND

06-09-2011, 08:25 AM

You can do engineering degrees in most universities but they do not specialise in fridge.

You can do an engineering degree and then do some extra units in fridge and that would be done through
a very small select group of universities and colleges.

You can do a HNC in college and specialise in refrigeration engineering. The HNC and the degree
are normal HNC's and degree course with extra units that are specific to fridge.

If you are going to do a HNC or a Degree then make sure you pay extra attention to maths in your
studies now, because the step from level 2 to 3 is quite big but the steps from level 3 to 4 & 5 is
hugh so if you want to go higher start working on complex maths.

All the best