PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 19Xr - Oil problem

nwnmu
01-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Hi Guys,

Actually I have a problem on site in Brazil where i run 3 carrier 19 xr (400ton) each. And one of then stayed for 1 or 2 months without running and the oil appear to migrate. I would like to know how can i send this oil back to the compressor. And how can i testify that the oil truly migrate?

Maybe it's very simple but the reason why im asking that is because im rookie/novice!

Cheers!

james10
01-09-2011, 10:27 PM
If you have no visible signs of oil outside the unit then the oil has migrated, you need to add oil to the system so you can just see oil in the upper sight glass let the oil warm up to around 50C then run the system at full load until the oil returns then drain off the excessive oil in the system

nwnmu
01-09-2011, 11:39 PM
hi james thanks a lot for reply! just one more question. why oil migrate to evap or cond?reasons why this kind of things happens!?

goshen
02-09-2011, 04:52 AM
Hi
james 10 gave you good advice ,you should do as he said,
oil will migrate to the lower pressure side,
when you leave the condenser pump running while comp is off this might happen,
this phenomena happens on many units that have water cooled condensers,and other types.
good luck

PATRICK BCR
06-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi Nwunmu
Check if the eductor is in good way , the direction of way is stamped on body of the eductor
the diection are stamped on the body of the eductor, few machine are factory delivery whith this fault.
Reverse connection cause the oil loss on this machine, good job
Patrick

CrankNMelville
06-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Bom dia,

You will also need to check the sight glass on the return near the eductor mentioned by Patrick. If the liquid level is too low this can also cause low level as the skimmer can no longer return the oil to the compressor.