PDA

View Full Version : C&G 2079-01 or Cskills/Citb J11?

Turbo2212
26-08-2011, 04:24 PM
As regards my previous post just a few threads down I am just wondering which company I should do my training with and whether it is C&G 2079-01 or Cskills/Citb J11 I should do?

martinw58
26-08-2011, 10:23 PM
c&g lasts untill the regs change again citb only last 5 years then you have to take so best to do c&g

install monkey
26-08-2011, 10:30 PM
u need to book quickly as the interim period has expired! so legally u cant touch any fridge kit over 3kg

cool runings
27-08-2011, 11:44 AM
u need to book quickly as the interim period has expired! so legally u cant touch any fridge kit over 3kg

Legally you can't touch any refrigerant.

coolrunnings.

cool runings
27-08-2011, 11:53 AM
As regards my previous post just a few threads down I am just wondering which company I should do my training with and whether it is C&G 2079-01 or Cskills/Citb J11 I should do?

Do you have a qualification already, the old 2078 or the old J01?

The standards of the two quals are the same (some say CITB is more technical), but the biggest
differance is the theory exam. The C&G 2079 is closed book on a computer, the CITB is open hand
written.

So if you don't do very well with theory examinations, the CITB may be an option because it is open
book and you have more than one attempt (dependant on first score).

The City & Guilds 2079 is on a computer and closed book.

Both are to the same standard, but as has be explained the CITB needs redoing every 5 years.

Also training is important, people are struggling to pass this basic standard and A/C engineers
struggle the most because they are not working refrigeration.

For the exam you have to think FRIDGE..........

This qualification is a refrigeration qualification. Refrigeration Engineers are better placed, so if
you only work in AC you will need to do some training and some learning.

All the best

coolrunnings