PDA

View Full Version : choosing a VRF system (inverter comp. or digital scroll)

maythem
26-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi there, i need some one to help me choosing a VRF system between:
1- LG inverter comp.
2- SAMSUNG digital scroll comp.
building info.
shopping center in BAGHDAD/IRAQ.
Basement 2200 m2 (super market).
two storeis of 8000 m2 clothes, jewlery, kids shops (100 shop each)
last story is a 8000 m2 play ground and cafteries
thank you for helping and sorry for hi jacking someones thread( as i say iam new to this)

centralklima
26-08-2011, 01:12 PM
hi maythem, inverter compressor is good & digital scroll compressor is also good.. i think you can ask the resident engineer what is the building preference.. but personally i choose digital scroll compressor..

maythem
26-08-2011, 01:38 PM
thank s to you centraklima , but the power consumption of the inverter is lower than the scroll one becuase of the scroll comp. works at full speed all the time not like the inverter one ... the end user needs me to give them the best choise with respect to
1- long life equip.
2- low service and care for equip.
3- reasnable price
4- low power needed (in iraq the electricty case is too complicated... so we have to provide a 4MW genset for at least 18 houres a day and 8700 houre annual)

hi maythem, inverter compressor is good & digital scroll compressor is also good.. i think you can ask the resident engineer what is the building preference.. but personally i choose digital scroll compressor..

monkey spanners
26-08-2011, 02:25 PM
We put a three pipe Samsung dvm111 in and personally i like the digital digital scroll, no inverter boards to fail, all compsressors run dol with just a contactor, if the digital comp fails it will carry on running on the others, when it unloads it does use less power than fully loaded but i'm not sure if its as cheap to run as an inverter.
Something else i like is they only run at 2800rpm on 50hz, but i think some of the inverter comps run at 80 or 90hz and the idea of something running at 5000rpm for years just sounds like its going to wear out sooner.

I would check to see what spares and technical backup is available locally, as this would be a major consideration.

Jon :)

maythem
26-08-2011, 04:03 PM
thanks joe, i appreciate your reply...you know some times we take the high price as a symble of better equipment,
you see that samsung is cheaper than LG inverter by about 15% and the owners tell me that isnt that a fact that cheaper is worst....so i am a little bit confused between the LG inverter with idea of its a japanees invent(DAIKIN) and DAIKIN is still manufacturing the same type .
althoug i heared from an eng in UAE have some troubles with LG inverter after two years and it become a big one reaches the courte of labor to solve it.(main prob. was the wear)

sinewave
26-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Personaly I wouldn't use LG for a Dog Kennel never mind an 18,000m3 shopping complex! :D

raviperumal
08-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Hi,

The Inverter compressors will not run always at 5000rpm, whenevr high load is there, that time only, that means hardly 10 to 15 % of the total time .

Rest of the time it is going to run at 60~80% of the load , Hence life time of the scroll will not get affect much.

Ravi