PDA

View Full Version : Daikin indoor wall hung units

mburns
25-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Just a quick question that has always picked my brain everytime i see a daikin indoor wall unit. What is the purpose of those enlarged bulbs that are on the expansion line at the indoor unit, just after the flare connection. On a vrv indoor they are on both the liquid and suction lines just next to the flare connections. Sorry don't have any pictures. Thanks

savoc
25-08-2011, 10:47 AM
i have seen them to, im just taking a guess here. they could be filters, small mufflers.

Andy AC
25-08-2011, 07:51 PM
I've cut them off in the past, I seem to recall them having small strainers in.

Andy

Tayters
25-08-2011, 10:43 PM
I've only chopped one off and that was empty. I always thought they were mufflers. Maybe on a VRV they might have filters in them as the LEV would be inside.

Cheers,
Andy.

Mick13
05-09-2011, 09:30 AM
i believe the part you are talking about is a filter drier, called a copper spun filter drier. Iv never seen inside one, but i have been told the are full of a whole lot of little ball looking things behind a fine sieve, not sure how true that is though as iv never seen it for myself.

wozza
06-09-2011, 10:41 PM
You should never cut them out as they also act a muffler, if they are cut out they can cause a whistling noise.

Steven_AC
08-09-2011, 03:12 PM
The ones that are empty must just be to muffle the noise surely, just wish they were further down so can still cut the flares off and keep them! Have also seen a strainer in one cant remember if it was daikin or not.

dxcoil
22-09-2011, 08:39 AM
inside is filter mesh, to protect the valve, one before valve and one after valve