PDA

View Full Version : F-Gas?

Turbo2212
23-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi all,

I left the trade about 12 month's ago so I haven't done the 2079. I am wanting to come back into it due to another career path not floating my boat and also genuinely missing it. I am City and Guilds qualified and hold 2078 gas handling. My question is with me being a bit ropey with it all having been out of touch and also only being 22 yrs old I'm also an improver how should I go about doing the course and is there anyone on here who does them or knows someone reputable who does?

install monkey
23-08-2011, 11:01 PM
do the 3 day one gives u chance to quote the answers they wanna hear.
the 2079 was easier than the 2078
ellis training on kirby ind est in the north west- but uk is a big place. as long as you can flare pipes within 4 attempts degas a small circuit vac and reweigh ur laughing. theres plumbers that were on the course and suprisingly we all passed!

chillerman2006
24-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Hi all,

I left the trade about 12 month's ago so I haven't done the 2079. I am wanting to come back into it due to another career path not floating my boat and also genuinely missing it. I am City and Guilds qualified and hold 2078 gas handling. My question is with me being a bit ropey with it all having been out of touch and also only being 22 yrs old I'm also an improver how should I go about doing the course and is there anyone on here who does them or knows someone reputable who does?

hello Mate

Do a bit of revision on ph charts, jog your memory & you be ok (pm me if you need a jog)

You have a choice of c&g 2079-01 or Cskills/Citb J11

2079 = online test + pratical, 70% pass rate closed book
J11 = paper test (class room) + pratical 100% pass rate, but open book

As far as I have been told since July 4th - only 5 day courses are being run

Take your pick & dont worry, as i have been saying 'they are giving them away in xmas crackers'

Your be fine - multiskilled newbies are passing

R's chillerman