PDA

View Full Version : white smooth substance

charlie patt
23-08-2011, 09:50 PM
have two customers vans one with a gah sr and one a hubbard 460 ael all with single phase stby both units have the hermatic hitachi comps on stby both units are on freezer spec all time. both vans 08 relays the earlier conversions with the comps right next to the exhaust manifold/ al on r404a, the problem i am haveing is approx every three months the orifice is blocking up with a white residue that restrics the tev,the units have regular drier changes and last time it done it we tripple ofn and vaced all night and we changed both oil in both comps the residue looks and feels like a white grease the units have no history of lots of braizing no leakeage problems and are serviced on a reg basis the only down sides is the vans do spend a lot of time on idle and very little on stby. the hoses are a combo of manullie and gah ms is it moisture calsifieing? is the oil getting to hot neither has had a comp from new they are running tm15s both customers have sprinters that we have no faults with at the same age/ is it poss comps are getting to hot? units are running mop sporlans and hubbard has a cpr in it . what is this white residue? any ideas

install monkey
23-08-2011, 09:57 PM
:osorry i had a lil accident!!!

oil degredation!

charlie patt
23-08-2011, 10:05 PM
caused by excess heat? i have had no issue with comp seizures or clutch failure,

install monkey
23-08-2011, 10:12 PM
what synthetic oil is it on? have u checked the data sheet and confirmed the operating temperature range?
the crankcase heater and compressor body will keep the oil thin,once at the tex its solidifying? only a hunch as ur mr mobile fridgeman:D

charlie patt
23-08-2011, 10:24 PM
running 68 syn as manu recomendations, spoke to most of my transport engineers ,either suggest its heat related to oil breakdown. but not many seems to have come across this, i have checked superheat to as manu recomendations, the main problem i believeis is how tight the rear of the comp is to the exhaust manifold to rear of the comp and it being around the back of the engine with little air flow as only seem to have it on relays with freezer kit and the later versions with the comp lower down we have no probs

cadwaladr
23-08-2011, 10:54 PM
can you not fit a deflector to the exhaust,have you taken an oil sample from the road compressor,maybe ask autoclimate technical?

charlie patt
24-08-2011, 08:08 PM
spoke to autoclimate and not a lot of help there, at the moment i have fitted a heat shield to deflect heat but its a bit tight in there and at mo it rattles a bit

chillerman2006
24-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Its either the hygroscopic nature of the oil, absorbed moisture during installation or,

A good chance from the discription a cheap oil, has been used that is releasing its wax

Cure, full system flush & good quality oil

Speak to Marshall Thermo King about running a 'mojo', and cleaning up your system

clivemtk
24-08-2011, 09:13 PM
have you asked hubbard or even on this site geoff the fridge if he cant help veryhelpful man

simon@parker
24-08-2011, 10:15 PM
the oil is freezing in the orifice had it on an aircon unit that was constantly running on a server room would block the gause filters we changed the units in end as customer not happy :) his money lol

wilt
29-08-2011, 09:53 PM
have you asked hubbard or even on this site geoff the fridge if he cant help veryhelpful man
who,s Geoff?

wilt
29-08-2011, 09:55 PM
How,s it @ rockfields Clivio?

chillerman2006
29-08-2011, 10:04 PM
How,s it @ rockfields Clivio?

@ Wilt

http://www.football.co.uk/arsenal/man_utd_8-2_arsenal__report_rss1812662.shtml

clivemtk
30-08-2011, 08:10 PM
not as good as at hubbard i keep asking s| o put my name foward if he asks clive

geoffthefridgem
02-09-2011, 05:22 PM
who,s Geoff?

Yeah thats me and yes I do work for Hubbard.Clive check your messages.