PDA

View Full Version : Continuing problems with an zanussi fridge freezer

martin57
23-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi folks,

I bought an zanussi frost free fridge freezer at end of may model ZRB224NW0. Twice since I got it the tray that collects the water at bottom back on top of the compresser has filled up with water and caused me a lot of trouble pulling fridge out and having to tip it backwards to try and empty it and put sponge pads inside tray to soak up the water.

There is 4 inch space between fridge and back wall and also 4 inch clearance between top of fridge and overhanging unit. (though it does say in manual to leave 4 inch but ideally no overhanging wall units) The actual fridge freezer is working fine otherwise.

I had the service man out once and he seemed to think its an air circulation problem but he otherwise did nothing. I am going to call him out again. What do you think is the best course of action for me, as I think kitchen is a normal domestic enviroment and the fridge should work without problems? I would probably remove the overhanging unit as its only a small medicine cabinet type thing, but other than that what do you think is the best course fo action for me. I have now increased the space at back of fridge/freezer to 7 inch between it and wall. If I continue to have problems with it is there a possibility that zanussi (I believe the brand is now owned by electrolux) might actually give me another fridge?

many thanks for any help as this is now beginning to annoy me a bit.
martin57

sean1
23-08-2011, 08:59 PM
is the inside iced up ? do the doors close properly ? do the fridge and freezer pull the right temp ? they tray at the back is supposed to collect the water but u seem to be getting excessive water - there is numerous reasons why - put a sheet of paper between the door seal and where it touches the body of the unit (doors closed ) then pull it all the way round if it goes loose or falls out the seal needs changing or the doors are not fiting properly

martin57
24-08-2011, 12:06 AM
is the inside iced up ? do the doors close properly ? do the fridge and freezer pull the right temp ? they tray at the back is supposed to collect the water but u seem to be getting excessive water - there is numerous reasons why - put a sheet of paper between the door seal and where it touches the body of the unit (doors closed ) then pull it all the way round if it goes loose or falls out the seal needs changing or the doors are not fiting properly

Thank you very much for reply.Just checked the seals and they are fine (fridge was only bought end of may 11) fridge and freezer are working fine otherwise, its just the water in the tray above the compressor that is building up as its a frost free fridge/freezer. Am I right in thinking that because its a frost free freezer the water accumulates in the outside tray above the compressor which heats it up and then it evaporates into the air between the freezer and the back wall?

I have now allowed 7 inch between the back of freezer and the back wall. It does say in manual that its better not to have any overhanging units but if there is one there needs to be at least 4 inch between top of freezer and bottom of unit. There just is in my case.

Just wondering is this a very common problem for water to build up on that outside tray above the compressor in frost free fridge/freezer and what is the solution for me as I don't want to be pulling the freezer out every month to empty the tray. Surely 7 inch between back of freezer and back wall is enough?

thanks very much for your help.

martin57

Yuri B.
24-08-2011, 06:37 PM
What trouble gives the water in the tray - does it ovespill the rims and wets the floor? Are there many open liquids kept in the fridge? Maybe there is an unexceptionally humid air in the kitchen (so tray water cannot dry out properly)?