PDA

View Full Version : Banjos!!!

monkey spanners
22-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Last time i played a anything musical was probably a recorder in primary school, which is most likely what put me off of anything musical since!

Lately i've been thinking about learning the banjo, i blame Billy Connolly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHaLItu2Hf0

What do you do to chill out after a stressfull day?

Jon :D

install monkey
22-08-2011, 10:48 PM
go on this forum,or get call outs

chilliwilly
22-08-2011, 10:50 PM
I get out my drum kit and jam away to swing, jazz, rock, R&B and soul, that's if I can find the time to get to the studios where I keep it. Take up the banjo playing Jon, if you beleive that you'll be good at it, go for it, you won't regret it. And most of all you won't need any more room than the seat your sat in or any other equipment to play it. Once you get over the callussed finger end bit, it'll feel more worht it.

spimps
23-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Played guitar semi pro through sixties and seventies but have just got my first ukulele, very nice to play.
Give it 20 minutes a day and in three months you look back and will be pleased with your progress.
Play at least 30 minutes a day sometimes twice,just need t0 practice playing while cycling so both my hobbies fit together :)

install monkey
23-08-2011, 07:54 PM
i hear fishing can be theraputic! but be careful what bail u use! i know someone who caught a horse!!!cm haha

monkey spanners
23-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Well I've ordered one! Those in Oxfordshire might want to stock up on ear plugs :o :D

Jon :)

install monkey
23-08-2011, 09:33 PM
:p:cool:the taxman wants to know if this going to be a second form of income,if so you need to fill out a self assesment form and apply for a street liscence. oh and scruffy clothes a beard and a shabby dog helps too
Well I've ordered one! Those in Oxfordshire might want to stock up on ear plugs :o :D

Jon :)

chilliwilly
24-08-2011, 12:26 AM
When I'm cleaning windows!