PDA

View Full Version : bought a refrigerated trailer and have some questions. ALarm Code 04 SBIII 30MAX+

Usdot2
22-08-2011, 05:32 PM
I have just purchased this Trailer at an Auction nd It won't cool. I would take it to the local Thermo king but it is about 100 miles away. I have been reading about this alarm code and have determined that it is a air discharge sensor problem. but I cant find a part number. or how to replace this defective part. MY question is can anyone help me with instructions on where this part is located. and how difficult it would be to replace. I have very little money left after buying this trailer and need it to get my business started. I am not trying to mooch off of anybody. I have alot of software for PC's available for trade. Please send me a pm or email me if you can help. and tyhanks for your replies.

Jesus

:D:eek:

Robert Hilton
22-08-2011, 08:20 PM
You'll have to make a few more posts before anyone can pm you.
Alternatively you could post your e-mail adress

Usdot2
22-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Great and thanks for letting me Know.

Can you help me?

My E-mail address is
cramirez57@stx.rr.com
or
jigarciadps2@yahoo.com

Thanks
Jesus
:)

gravy258
25-08-2011, 10:43 AM
thermo king 40-0871 graded sensor, from Carrier or Thermoking, solder in. Just a case of pulling the back panels off the fridge.

You then need to enter the sensor grade into the micro(the bit you change the setpoint on)

in your case it'll be Cda (control discharge air)

theres a few how to's on here if you search, or tell me the type of micro you have and i'll tell you what to do

The discharge air sensor shouldn't affect cooling it has the coil and return to use as alternate sensors

tony2009
25-08-2011, 11:06 PM
The sensor code that gravy258 is referring to is the number marked on the sensor. It's usually something like 2E

Usdot2
27-08-2011, 01:41 AM
Wow thanks for all of your replies. I realy appreciate al of your help guys. this really helped me and it was low on
R404A by 10 lbs so i put in some dye and recharged it. it is cooling now but I am letting the dye run thru the system and then going back later to see where the leak is at.

Does anyone know where i can find the back panels for this reefer unit. I bought it at an auction and it had contraband inside the unit. well law enforcement took of the panels but did not replace then when they sold it to me so they are missing. I live in texas if anyone know where i can buy them cheaper than at the dealership I'd really appreciate it.

And thanks once agian for the help this website is the best.

I would especially like to thank the following memebr that sent me a unit Manual.

Tony Ormsby
Spare Parts
Iceman Transport Refrigeration Repairs P/L

Phone: (07)-3390-7800
Fax: (07)-3390-7141
Email: tony@iceman.com.au
Web: www.iceman.com.au
Address: 197 Murarrie Rd,Murarrie,QLD,4172,Australia
Fleet Service & Maintenance - Spare Parts - Trailer Repairs – Trailer Hire – Trailer & Truck Wash

moggy66
28-08-2011, 09:25 PM
No hiding now tony

tony2009
28-08-2011, 11:29 PM
LOL!!! Well you got me on that one!!!
More than happy to help......

tony2009
28-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Usdot2; regarding the panels, check your email......

Usdot2
31-08-2011, 03:57 PM
was that wrong of me to put your ingformation out there? If so Im sorry did not meant to overstep my boundaries. Sorry.

jesus

tony2009
31-08-2011, 10:52 PM
No Mate; you're fine. lol!!
This forum is about sharing information and helping others, that's how I see it anyway.
With regards to the comments flying around here, that's fine, we all know each other.
It's not a big industry, even globally.

tony2009
31-08-2011, 10:58 PM
As you use the forum, there are some posts you'll find useful, some you'll just ignore; and some which are just plain "tongue-n-cheek".
We're more than happy to have you aboard and feel free to ask.
Or alternatively, you've got my email address............Best regards

dcshop
02-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Great and thanks for letting me Know.

Can you help me?

My E-mail address is
cramirez57@stx.rr.com
or
jigarciadps2@yahoo.com

Thanks
Jesus

40-972 is the new style graded sensor, Be sure to HARD WIRE it into the harness, The plug in style cause too many problems. ALSO you need to go into super gaured access and regrade the micro to whats on the new sensor

Usdot2
06-09-2011, 05:16 PM
thanks to all of you for your quick responses, i have resolved the problem. It was the discharge sensor which had been disconnected accidentally. I just plugged it back in and POW!! it's back online. this is a great ZForum thanks you all for your assistance. you Guys areally wonderful. Hopefully I can repay the favor someday to someone else that is in need of help.
Have a wonderful day guys.

Jesus Garcia
Laredo Texas
United States

chillerman2006
06-09-2011, 05:44 PM
I would especially like to thank the following memebr that sent me a unit Manual.

Tony Ormsby
Spare Parts
Iceman Transport Refrigeration Repairs P/L

Phone: (07)-3390-7800
Fax: (07)-3390-7141
Email: tony@iceman.com.au
Web: www.iceman.com.au (http://www.iceman.com.au)
Address: 197 Murarrie Rd,Murarrie,QLD,4172,Australia
Fleet Service & Maintenance - Spare Parts - Trailer Repairs – Trailer Hire – Trailer & Truck Wash

UsDot2

you forgot to add a photo :rolleyes:

R's chillerman

tony2009
07-09-2011, 12:34 AM
LOL!!! That's an old photo; really need to look at updating that website........

chillerman2006
07-09-2011, 12:37 AM
LOL!!! That's an old photo; really need to look at updating that website........

Thats a big yard you got there mate ... loads of nice trailors ... the pic was off google earth btw

R's chillerman

tony2009
08-09-2011, 12:09 AM
It's not a bad size, though it was bigger, until part of the yard was taken to build a new industrial estate next door. We have now reclaimed some land from the other side to put in about 4 new bays. The front has been changed around to accommodate the extra bays. Should look ok when it's finished.
We've got a creek over the back which runs into the Brisbane River which we thought was going to flood us out when we had the floods earlier this year, but luckily it didn't happen by a number of inches.
Tone....

chillerman2006
08-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Off topic - needed removing