PDA

View Full Version : Hi!! from Alabama

2001ls6
19-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Hello folks. Just joined and hope this place will help make me a better tech. I've been in the field 21 yrs. with 3 years night school at a local community college, John C. Calhoun in Athens Alabama. Worked for several local contractors in building maintenance, water/steam boilers, Trane/York chillers, environmental chambers cascading, and all different kinds of DX units. I've been exposed to a lot of different types of ACR and have had a good time with it. I'll be using the search option a lot also. When I've found I've forgotten something and go to the net to find answers this is one of the sights that always pops up. So I hope to find some good info and maybe even contribute some of my own. See ya.:)

chillerman2006
19-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Hi 2001

welcome to RE

check out this post, it starts off a bit slow but covers all the problems & types of oil for different aplications

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?32537-related-to-proper-handling-of-home-type-copeland-scroll-compressor-(oil-related)

R's chillerman

mikeref
19-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Welcome aboard 2001ls6. hope you enjoy your stay. Currently the 30's and 40's age group are having their mid-life crisis in other sections, but letting off "steam" is good for mental health. Try not to indulge too much in the extensive range of virtual alcoholic beverages as the captain and staff may have to send you to the lockup to sleep it off..Mike.