PDA

View Full Version : Frigidaire Evaporator Freezing

Dswamer
18-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Please help with any info you can give me. I would be so honored for someone to help me. I have a Frigidaire, side by side refrigerator, Model # FRS6R3JW3 and the evaporator keeps freezing up in the freezer side down at the bottom. The fan is working in the freezer so I figured the bi-metal switch was bad. I replaced the switch and it is still freezing up. I did OHM the element and it is good. Once the evaporator froze up again I did OHM the bi-metal switch and it was good because it was cold and could be tested. I then figured it might be the defrost timer which is the PC board, part # 100-01450-01. I then noticed the evaporator motor right in line with the defrost timer was only running for about 5 seconds and making a very mild clicking noise. What does the evaporator motor do? There is another big evaporator fan right above the main evaporator in the freezer and it is working fine. Air blows into the fridge where the other evaporator motor is. I am confused and sure need some professional advice. I wanted to go tomorrow and buy the defrost timer PC board but that evaporator motor is not running like i think it should. Thanks so much for ANYONES help. Douglas.

Dswamer
18-08-2011, 01:19 AM
By the way, here is the link to my fridge, part number 13.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Frigidaire-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-FRS6R3JW3/1428/0165000/R0810054/00005?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

Part # 23 is the defrost timer.

Hope you can help.

benijoseph
18-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Mr DR,
dont be in a hurry, manually defrost the system and restart, if your timer is 8hr time see for water collection in the drain after 8 hr if water is collected .check for your door sealing or check from where moisture is entering.
rgds,