PDA

View Full Version : AEG Santo S75355KG1 Fridge not Cooling

coleman01
15-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Hi all,

I have a problem with my AEG S75355KG1 Frost Free Fridge/Freezer. The fridge is not cooling at all; it is at room temperature; whilst the freezer is functioning fine at -18 degrees.

I have checked everywhere, there appears to be no ice build up, nothing blocking anything. I have left it off for 48 hours; turned it back on and still the same thing.

It has separate temperature controls for both fridge and freezer; adjusting them makes no difference to the fridge. Everything is fine inside; no apparent blockages; nor is there any damage on the back.

It happened all of a sudden; the alarm sounded.

It is only 17months old so I extremely angry that this is happened.

Is there anything I can do? I mean legally in terms of fitness for purpose; surely the expected lifespan of a fridge/freezer should be longer than this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

coleman01
15-08-2011, 07:55 PM
OK heres an odd thing. Switched it back on this afternoon and its working fine - holding temperatures in fridge and freezer (touch wood)

Should I be worried or should I take this is all is well?

chillerman2006
15-08-2011, 08:13 PM
OK heres an odd thing. Switched it back on this afternoon and its working fine - holding temperatures in fridge and freezer (touch wood)

Should I be worried or should I take this is all is well?

Hi coleman

i am not familiar with your fridge/freezer

But i was reading an old post the other day that sounds sort of similar

it turned out to be an internal fan that was removing heat of tubework/heat exchanger

that builds up inside the back panel

the fan had failed

thinking about your off time then all working + no ice build up

maybe the same and worth checking mate - that was also about 18 months old

R's chillerman

coleman01
15-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks. I have a 'man' from AEG coming to look at it tomorrow (free inspection) and I will mention that.

I am sure that under the sales of goods act I have an argument here - it should last a lot longer than 17months surely.

Will see what happens

chillerman2006
15-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks. I have a 'man' from AEG coming to look at it tomorrow (free inspection) and I will mention that.

I am sure that under the sales of goods act I have an argument here - it should last a lot longer than 17months surely.

Will see what happens

Normally only a year on electrical goods - I think

Unless you take out extended warranty - as there coming out - you must (i presume) have over a year

coleman01
15-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Well, I didn't think I did, but apparently I do.

I guess we will see what they say. I hope they don't just look at it and say it is ok and leave though.