PDA

View Full Version : hvac accreditation

install monkey
13-08-2011, 04:44 PM
after being in the hvac for four years now we were audited on friday,after he questioned us over general vaccing,charging procedures he asked-do you log bottle numbers of the refrigerant so you can trace the origin of the new refrigerant when charging a system? talk about more pen pushing, and then finally to top it all he asked if we notify the local council when we install a 3.5 split in a building!! otherwise you have an appointed,person who ensures installs are to industry standards with comissioning details,drawings etc after completing a course and u still have to notify the council of the proposed install in case they want to visit!!! the joys of being in hvac elite!!!

Quality
13-08-2011, 05:27 PM
There is no and will stress NO legal requirement to log the use of new refrigerant used out of a cylinder but only the system it is charged into which has to be recorded.

I have been in contact with every industry body (legislative) you can imagine ,and the final conclussion is that the use of new refrigerant from purchasing to charging does not have to be recorded by the company that has used it and it is only good practice to log what you use.

It should however be logged on site as to which unit and how much is charged

install monkey
13-08-2011, 05:35 PM
yep thats what i thought,if a system holds over 3kg then a record of charging/reclaimed/leak tests.to be kept on the customers site-usually in the log book.
an engineer keeps a log of where the gas has gone site/system and all is well.but he has suggested recording bottle numbers to prove the source. so muggins is now going on a course soon,had to draft a spreadsheet for the engineer and then this will get updated on a general spread sheet in the office!but as for notifying the council of a proposed installation!! i knew u had to do it for fitting a combi boiler to try and cut down on the cowboy plumbers doing foreigners!! i'll keep u posted

monkey spanners
13-08-2011, 06:10 PM
I just write the cylinder and system serial number down in the diary and on the work sheet with the quantity used.

They should set this up like the mot system for garages, so we each get a book of what to do and when to do it, with official log books for equipment etc, all systems over 3kg could then have their own unique number like the reg number on a car.
Would be easier to explain to customers that now they need there system mot'd/F-gased every year and all work now needs to be done to mot/F-gas standard.

Jon :)

install monkey
13-08-2011, 06:22 PM
maybe its for bosses to shout at you if u dont use all the gas out of a bottle!

install monkey
13-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Registration with the Refcom Elite voluntary scheme proves to owners/operators that,
following independent third party inspection, refrigeration or air conditioning companies:

• Can competently install, commission or maintain a system containing refrigerant.

• Are licensed waste carriers.

• Handle refrigerants safely.

• Are compliant with all current legal requirements.

• Operate auditable procedures for the proper control of refrigerants and can account for all
refrigerant used and recovered.

• Use appropriate, purpose-designed refrigerant recovery equipment.
• Perform refrigerant transactions with minimum emissions and are environmentally aware.

chillerman2006
13-08-2011, 10:02 PM
They should set this up like the mot system for garages, so we each get a book of what to do and when to do it, with official log books for equipment etc, all systems over 3kg could then have their own unique number like the reg number on a car.
Would be easier to explain to customers that now they need there system mot'd/F-gased every year and all work now needs to be done to mot/F-gas standard.

That sounds like a very good idea

Would take some time & cost, but would definately work in favour of both the engineer/service company & for f-gas compliance

I think this should be put forward to the f-gas regulators

install monkey
19-08-2011, 12:41 PM
But vectors dont need mot's just sensors and belt maintenance,did u know they can run on half their charge,oh and ur misses prefers meaty rods instead of the normal rothenburger square ones haha

RSTC
19-08-2011, 12:54 PM
all systems over 3kg could then have their own unique number like the reg number on a car.

should be remembered that the legal burden is on the system owner, though they may (hopefully) seek a contractor to carry out this process. The system designation should be recorded ie make, model, serial number, system number, etc as part of the F-Gas log - which will make if fairly unique.

WARNING: no govt will be interested in rolling out and administering a 'registration number' system (like for cars) unless they want to introduce and control a tax income from it.
:eek:

chillerman2006
19-08-2011, 02:31 PM
But vectors dont need mot's just sensors and belt maintenance,did u know they can run on half their charge,oh and ur misses prefers meaty rods instead of the normal rothenburger square ones haha

I'm right in the sitehouse, she's seen the post's & if she see's another, the rothenburger is going to cook me bits & she's going to use the family debt collection service to get contact details for mrs G. & Mrs RB :eek:

chillerman2006
19-08-2011, 02:34 PM
govt will be interested in rolling out and administering a 'registration number' system (like for cars) they want to introduce and control a tax income from it.
:eek:

Nice Idea RSTC, the govt. were looking for ways raise capital to help lower the national deficit, Looks like if this is approved you could be up for knighthood !

RSTC
19-08-2011, 02:43 PM
D'oh

The message I entered is too short. Now it's at least 10 characters