PDA

View Full Version : Back button

RSTC
12-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Is anybody else having trouble that the 'back' button doesn't seem to work... i.e. after you finish reading a forum thread you cannot 'go back' to the previous page?

james10
12-08-2011, 05:10 PM
You need to update your browser, I have the same problem on my work PC which runs on internet explorer 6 (not allowed to update) however my home PC runs on 10 and have no problems

RSTC
12-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Hmm interesting, thanks James, I use firefox which updates itself ... I'll try explorer and report back!

frank
12-08-2011, 08:34 PM
No problems here on Opera

mikeref
12-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Is anybody else having trouble that the 'back' button doesn't seem to work... i.e. after you finish reading a forum thread you cannot 'go back' to the previous page?
Had that happen a few times and i run firefox as well. I went into 'tools' and 'clear history' then cleared everything option. Whether that sorted it or it was the computers time of the month,.. who knows:rolleyes:..Mike.

Andy AC
13-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Mine will work occasionally, then not at all. I'm using firefox 5.0. It's a little annoying.

Andy

monkey spanners
13-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Mine plays up now and again, seems to be worse the more comments a post has, have to reload page to be able to go back, i'm using firefox too.

Jon

RSTC
14-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Yup - it seems to be a firefox thing. On Explorer now without a problem. It doesn't apear to be every page, only some... as Monkey S said it seems to be where a large number of posts exist. When you look at history it has reloaded the page over and over again, so you have to 'go back' dozens of pages to get back to the page you came from. (not something anybody should loose sleep over, bit of a first-world problem really)

I think I have inadvertently started a browser one-up-man-ship contest! I'm just waiting for the Mac evangelists to start tut-tuting at us pc luddites

Josip
15-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Hi, :)

I never go back ;)

Best regards, Josip :)

MikeHolm
15-08-2011, 10:43 PM
On Mozilla, did all the clearing of history etc, etc. Still the back button only works sometime. Up to you Frank (or Webram). A virtual beer for he who fixes the problem.

chillerman2006
16-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Gents

upon reading through your posts, it sounds like to me, you need to go into your internet settings, and find the part about how a page you have visited already, is re-loaded.

Used to get the problem years ago when on older explorer (xp days) & a friend unchecked or checked a box that made the browser load the page fresh everytime I went on it, instead of loading part of it from memory

never got the problem again

hope this makes sense & helps

R's chillerman

MikeHolm
16-08-2011, 08:43 PM
I would agree except that I am on 3 -4 forums and this is the only one where it occurs.

chillerman2006
16-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi Mike

Just wondering do the other sites have things like adverts/pictures etc, that change every time you go the page

It was some thing that was changing that caused my problem

R's chillerman

mikeref
16-08-2011, 11:41 PM
I would agree except that I am on 3 -4 forums and this is the only one where it occurs.
I see that you are not spending much time in our neighbourhood lately.:p. No more problems with back button here after clearing history. BTW, firefox keeps asking me about installing 5.0, but i keep hitting "remind me later" as this version works fine.. Mike.

MikeHolm
18-08-2011, 12:37 AM
That's what happens when you take a vacation. You opt for real over virtual beer and OMG...the intraweb is hard to come by on a beach. BTW, i'm on Mozilla 5 and it keeps prompting me for 6.

MikeHolm
18-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Hi Mike

Just wondering do the other sites have things like adverts/pictures etc, that change every time you go the page

It was some thing that was changing that caused my problem

R's chillerman

One of them is from the UK for VW trucks and I don't remember any adverts. I will check again.

mikeref
18-08-2011, 12:53 AM
That's what happens when you take a vacation. You opt for real over virtual beer and OMG...the intraweb is hard to come by on a beach. BTW, i'm on Mozilla 5 and it keeps prompting me for 6.
Holidays during summer? Thats one thing to be frowned upon if anyone requested that here. During winter, as it is here now, businesses can't wait to send their guys away to use up their paid leave. Also, firefox is asking me, or should i say, strongly recommending me to upgrade to 6.0.

RSTC
18-08-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm on Firefox 6, my computer didn't explode or anything.

mikeref
18-08-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm on Firefox 6, my computer didn't explode or anything.Nice comeback RSTC :D. I'm just the cautious type, if it aint broke then don't tinker with it, ( or something to that effect) :p..Mike.

chillerman2006
18-08-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm just the cautious type, if it aint broke then don't tinker with it, ( or something to that effect) :p..Mike.

Argh ! Mike

According to this

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?17470-Engineers-Huh

Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet :D

R's chillerman

MikeHolm
19-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Holidays during summer? Thats one thing to be frowned upon if anyone requested that here. During winter, as it is here now, businesses can't wait to send their guys away to use up their paid leave. Also, firefox is asking me, or should i say, strongly recommending me to upgrade to 6.0.

Well, now aren't we upside down. I like my vacation when the temps are 35C+, humidity levels cause you to loose 10kg of weight standing still and the UV is super high. Besides, I'm self employed.

mikeref
19-08-2011, 04:54 AM
Hmmm, so.. who looks after your customers while your away? If i recall correctly, your guy had a fall, broken pelvis? don't forget the 200+ sunscreen. I have to face up to getting 3 or 4 suspect patches cut out of my back in two weeks time. My GP, believe it or not, is from Newcastle, UK :), and is as white as a ghost. "You North Queenslanders" he says, "should be taking extra precautions against sun damage to your skin. Wear a wide brimmed hat, not that cap i see you wear around town".:off topic:. Well, he's the one with the knife going in my back! ( With reference to another post:D).

mikeref
19-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Oops! Rambling on in the suggestion forum. Sorry moderators.

MikeHolm
19-08-2011, 11:56 AM
UGGG, let us know the biopsy results. The wife wants me to get some spots looked at as well. Not good when Uv levels are higher than we have ever seen them but you Ausies are known the world over for your good tans;)

I remember back in 87 traveling through the backroads of Nicaragua and meeting some Ausies and the most important thing they carried, in a land with no power, was a blender for mixed drinks and other sun worshiping stuff.

BTW, my worker is still not back, the pelvis is not healing as well as it should. Not sure what to do there.

RSTC
19-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Over here he'd get a kick in the arse for himself... but I hear Canada has a much better health service!

You should take advantage of it too... (listen to the Mrs, that's why they're in charge)

chillerman2006
19-08-2011, 02:37 PM
. Well, he's the one with the knife going in my back! ( With reference to another post:D).

Install - Looks like Mikes a fully paid up member of the team now !

Welcome to the premier team Mike :)

install monkey
20-08-2011, 03:32 PM
has he submitted piccys of his mrs/daughters then approval can be granted,otherwise its a day pass,oh and rb has to dissapprove too!haha

mikeref
21-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Is anybody else having trouble that the 'back' button doesn't seem to work... i.e. after you finish reading a forum thread you cannot 'go back' to the previous page? Like this one RSTC?

MikeHolm
21-08-2011, 12:33 PM

Lots of Mikes on the forum, would it be me who is finally part of the coveted team? Oh boy, Oh Boy

MikeHolm
21-08-2011, 12:34 PM
has he submitted piccys of his mrs/daughters then approval can be granted,otherwise its a day pass,oh and rb has to dissapprove too!haha

Me?.... no daughters, I only covet other peoples....

RSTC
23-08-2011, 01:43 PM
7124 Like this one RSTC?

... Love it!

chillerman2006
23-08-2011, 03:16 PM

Lots of Mikes on the forum, would it be me who is finally part of the coveted team? Oh boy, Oh Boy

The premier team we refer to is 'Us circus Performers' (clowning around) & previous posts have ensured lifetime membership,Sir's (@ MikeRef & Mike Holm)

Me?.... no daughters, I only covet other peoples....

Hey ! MikeHolms, one of us experienced fishermen Too ! ;)

R's chillerman

mikeref
25-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey, what's going on here? The left arrow button is giving me trouble again. NO, i haven't upgraded to Firefox 6 yet, but sometimes it works and other times... not. Might go and clear history again and see what happens.

MikeHolm
25-08-2011, 11:56 AM
I just found out that Mozilla 6 won't allow my freebee Avast anti-virus to work so i'm not switching over yet.

Fishin is nice but those damn Spanish factory trawlers took all our cod and it has never come back in 20 years. I'm stuck getting mackrel or something.

MikeHolm
25-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Ohhhh, "fisherman" right, now I get it. sorry for being daft;)

t-burke
29-09-2011, 02:13 AM
I use Firefox and my back button seems to work just fine!