PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Inverter Just Useless!

Angier
11-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Hey guys,

first post so go easy :p

It has been such a cold winter here in Melbourne, AUS and to make it worse 3 of the 4 daikin inverters in my house are out of order. All for the same reason it seems, here is the problem:

Everytime i push the controller on/off button to turn on the aircon to get some warm air happening the inverter unit does not respond. Despite the controller saying "on" the unit is very much not "on", it simply does not respond. Its like there is no power to it or something.
We have one unit and whenever i press on/off it responds with a friendly "beep". Same goes if i push the on/off button on the unit.

Any ideas what the problem may be here and is it something that i can fix or do i need an expert??

The model is: FTXS25GVMA or FTXS35GVMA

Any assistance is greatly appreciated :D

Take it easy

Ang

Yuri B.
16-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Hello
Evidently they simply are not intended to work at these low ambient temperatures.

install monkey
16-08-2011, 07:47 PM
hold the cancel button for 10secs unit will give a short beep.
press cancel and listen for each beep.
when u get a long beep thats ur fault code on the controller
ignore short beeps and 2 beeps then let us know the 2 digit code

chillerman2006
16-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Hi Angier

As a new friend would say ' call an engineer'

:D

install monkey
16-08-2011, 08:40 PM
is that after read the f*****g manual!

chillerman2006
16-08-2011, 09:29 PM
is that after read the f*****g manual!

Yep :)

Got my a** kicked once, never again

install monkey
16-08-2011, 09:39 PM
mr bartlett! haha. give a bit of advice to be helpfull,but we need to put a disclaimer at the bottom of each post stating- if ur a jobworth who thinks u can maul with an inverter circuit and frazzle urself!-tough s**t! know ur limits!

chillerman2006
16-08-2011, 09:45 PM
mr bartlett! haha. give a bit of advice to be helpfull,but we need to put a disclaimer at the bottom of each post stating- if ur a jobworth who thinks u can maul with an inverter circuit and frazzle urself!-tough s**t! know ur limits!

Hi Install

Yep, the way I see it after thinking about was - basic advice for a/c
Manuals & Programmes for the bigger stuff as it might help a colleague but not fry the public:eek:

R's chillerman

install monkey
16-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi Install

Yep, the way I see it after thinking about was - basic advice for a/c
Manuals & Programmes for the bigger stuff as it might help a colleague but not fry the public:eek:

R's chillerman
what if they bribed u with 90% silver solder rods!!!! haha

chillerman2006
16-08-2011, 10:06 PM
what if they bribed u with 90% silver solder rods!!!! haha

Hmmm! well thats 50/50 if you or rb is watching & a done deal if not:)

r.bartlett
16-08-2011, 10:22 PM
call me old fashioned but helping non technical people out takes work from a technical guy who has worked damn hard to get technical. I don't see that as part of my job, I guess I'm in the minority.:confused:

install monkey
16-08-2011, 10:29 PM
everyone thrives for knowledge! as you say give a little help/advice,but dont tell them how to invent the wheel

Angier
19-08-2011, 12:37 AM
hold the cancel button for 10secs unit will give a short beep.
press cancel and listen for each beep.
when u get a long beep thats ur fault code on the controller
ignore short beeps and 2 beeps then let us know the 2 digit code

THanks intall monkey
the unit doesnt even beep, it doesnt respond it is just off when i do this

r.bartlett
19-08-2011, 08:47 AM
THanks intall monkey
the unit doesnt even beep, it doesnt respond it is just off when i do this

See it really doesn't help telling even a small amount of advice. It just confuses them..

Call an engineer

chillerman2006
19-08-2011, 02:41 PM
See it really doesn't help telling even a small amount of advice. It just confuses them..

Call an engineer

You tell them Bud :) We want paying for all our training & knowledge, Cash/Visa/female relatives :D

paul_h
19-08-2011, 05:52 PM
call me old fashioned but helping non technical people out takes work from a technical guy who has worked damn hard to get technical. I don't see that as part of my job, I guess I'm in the minority.:confused:
Not the only one, which is why I don't post so much anymore.

OP a/cs in australia have a 5 yr warranty, if under that, call warranty. If over that, well it's very very typical for daikins to break down just a few weeks after warranty, buy a new a/c in that case as daikin spare part prices are a rort.

install monkey
19-08-2011, 07:38 PM
at least i managed to solve the problem,-it needs a qualified techie-or dealer,to change the batteries or interogate furthur-im gonna contact web ram and recommend posters upload qualifications/experience.

chillerman2006
19-08-2011, 07:42 PM
at least i managed to solve the problem,-it needs a qualified techie-or dealer,to change the batteries or interogate furthur-im gonna contact web ram and recommend posters upload qualifications/experience.
Evening Mate

Dont forget photo id, debit card details & family photo's:D

install monkey
19-08-2011, 07:49 PM
:oand favorite position and piccys of wife, and address of local fire station.