PDA

View Full Version : Wrongly conected condenser

nike123
09-08-2011, 10:20 PM
I discovered recently that on my domestic refrigerator condenser coil is wrongly conected.
Fridge works perfectly OK except it is noisy (noise comes from evaporator where capilary enters).

Here some pisctures:
http://www.fanzo.org/forum/download/file.php?id=34976&mode=view
http://www.fanzo.org/forum/download/file.php?id=34977&mode=view

I wonder why is it works OK while at capillary entrance it doesn't have liquid refrigerant.
It is puzzling to me and I like to know what is happening and if my fridge is not efficient as it should be (no subcooling).
Not that I want to change anything untill it devolop some other problem.

Any insight or comment from "capillary" experts?

ozzy bill
11-08-2011, 01:07 PM
looks like capillary is subcooled around dyer/suction line ,, all depends on bubble point

spimps
11-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Can't see the pics,is it my settings? only see a box with a cross in it,nothinh happens with it!
Boffins please.

chemi-cool
11-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Yes, you are right, you should replace it, its faulty.

What mak is it?

Quality
11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
I would not worry too much about the sub-cooling as it is a cappilary system where superheat is more important

simon@parker
11-08-2011, 08:48 PM
lmao its good pic and shouldnt work but it does stick to rule one and dont mess if its working lol :) and i just have to say have never been that bored i pulled my fridge out at home to look at it :) and i must say its very very clean for the back of a fridge guess you was proper bored and cleaned it to lol :)

nike123
28-08-2011, 09:59 AM
@ spimps
What is your browser? Do you have any add blocker or script blocker?

nike123
28-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Yes, you are right, you should replace it, its faulty.

What mak is it?

I would not replace it since it is working and cooling, neither I will change anything until it develop some failure in refrigerant circuit. I was just curious why it is working good and theory said it should not work that good, or am I missing something.

Make is Bira (Banja Luka - Bosnia and Hercegovina, former Gorenje factory)!

nike123
28-08-2011, 10:09 AM
lmao its good pic and shouldnt work but it does stick to rule one and dont mess if its working lol :) and i just have to say have never been that bored i pulled my fridge out at home to look at it :) and i must say its very very clean for the back of a fridge guess you was proper bored and cleaned it to lol :)

Yep, you are right. Bored day without money to spend in pub. :)

Magoo
29-08-2011, 04:01 AM
Hi Nike 123,
my refrig., at home has same problem, clunks rattles and hisses and clangs/knocks loudly when it stops. I have actually walked into kitchen to see if someone is stripping the place. Mr Westinghouse must of figured out how to operate it with a super small compressor and nil all refrigerant charge. Even the cat opens one eye and scans around looking for interruptions to sleep.

mikeref
29-08-2011, 04:54 AM
Hi Nike 123,
my refrig., at home has same problem, clunks rattles and hisses and clangs/knocks loudly when it stops. I have actually walked into kitchen to see if someone is stripping the place. Mr Westinghouse must of figured out how to operate it with a super small compressor and nil all refrigerant charge. Even the cat opens one eye and scans around looking for interruptions to sleep.
Magoo, is this your fridge? Have to watch from 35 seconds onwards. Still have women with knives and dodgy doors after all this time :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSVT_jBXKL4

spimps
29-08-2011, 02:37 PM
@ spimps
What is your browser? Do you have any add blocker or script blocker?
Hi,my browser is
Microsoft Internet Explorer MSIE 9.0. running with Norton firewall etc.

install monkey
29-08-2011, 02:44 PM
is this your fridge

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3420/dscf10339uz.jpg

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5268/dscf10318aq.jpg

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8/dscf10322jr.jpg

nike123
29-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Hi,my browser is
Microsoft Internet Explorer MSIE 9.0. running with Norton firewall etc.

Than go to your profile on this forum=> General setinggs=> Thread Display Options=> see if Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code) is checked.

Sandro Baptista
29-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Condensed liquid tends to be accumulated at the condenser inlet but the discharge gas will blow it to the filter drier inlet (it will drop downwards by gravity filling the vertical outlet condenser pipe). A rise of condensing pressure shall occur when compared with a correct connection.

I will check this point at my fridge to see how is connected...just for curiosity then I will let you know.

Yuri B.
29-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Hello
Last Friday I caught and let go a cricket behind mine.
His clickings awoke me at that morning and my thought was - as I have never seen a cricket, let alone meet it at home - was it's something wrong with the refrigerator.
It turned out the creature had lived there for some time eating a piece of cookie that had accidently fallen behind the fridge and drinking the condensation water from the pan on the compressor.

spimps
29-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Than go to your profile on this forum=> General setinggs=> Thread Display Options=> see if Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code) is checked.
Yes the box is checked,tied switching off pop up blocker but still no good.

Sandro Baptista
29-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Condensed liquid tends to be accumulated at the condenser inlet but the discharge gas will blow it to the filter drier inlet (it will drop downwards by gravity filling the vertical outlet condenser pipe). A rise of condensing pressure shall occur when compared with a correct connection.

I will check this point at my fridge to see how is connected...just for curiosity then I will let you know.

Just when arrive from my job went to my fridge and saw the is well connected. The compressor discharge is connected at the upper part and the outlet of the condenser is the lower part and it's connected to the filter drier.

spimps
30-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Have opened pictures now.Must confess a couple of years ago changed a compressor on a commercial fridge,same type of condenser set up,and accidentally due to.pressure,tiredness,cramped space(anymore exscuses)oh yes,late on a Friday.Had put charge in and saw I had done the same,siting the same reasons I decided to run it,no problem,have been back for other jobs (there again this week) and it runs OK.
Disappointed with myself at the time but it still runs OK so no great shakes.