PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi City Multi Transistor Module Burned

tek2k
08-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi Guys,

We have a Mitsubishi City Multi Model: PUY-250YMF-B where one of the Transistor Modules has burned. Mitsubishi claim not to have any replacements and want me to buy a whole inverter pack.

Any ideas where I might be able to source some of the modules. I know apparently they aren't being manufactured anymore but hopefully someone here will have an idea.

Thanks for the help.

chillerman2006
08-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi

dont know about TM you need

I would try RS or WF, they maybe able to help

install monkey
08-08-2011, 08:43 PM
u need to change the whole lot for the warranty.and return the old inverter kit as part of the price.have u tried kooltech or just mitsi

tek2k
09-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Yes I called Mitsi they say they cannot source them anymore therefore I must buy a complete kit at a cost of £2100.00

I will try RS.

stufus
09-08-2011, 10:08 PM
On the old YMF , YMF-B and YMF-C stuff a blown transistor is either accompanied by a faulty compressor ,faulty diode stack or faulty inverter board .
And on a lot of occasions all of the above.
You need to find what took out the tranny.
Cheers
Stu

JoeAT50A
11-08-2011, 04:08 AM
YMF B is more than 10 years old I think. They (Mitsi UK) may run out of stock.
Indent will take sometime from vendor.
You should try other sub-Mitsubishi like kooltech that IM mentioned.
However there is hard to say that only IPM was burned out. ... IPM and 42xx error codes are really hard to judge.
Stu have already pointed out. If accompanied with compressor ... then your £2100.00 may not enough.

tek2k
15-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi guys I thought I would update everyone regarding what happened with this machine since I think it will help others in the future.

1. Compressor had low resistance to ground so obviously windings were gone
2. The actual main board had been damaged due to one transistor module blowing up behind it.
3. The diode bridge had continuity to ground and so was causing the fuse to trip as soon as switched on
4. Thermistor was fine.
5. Contactor was burned

Main board, inverter board and compressor replaced. I sourced an upgraded diode stack from RS Electronics. I also got replacement 8A fuses from RS as well as a contactor. I found a company up north that had transistor modules in stock so replaced them.

Machine is running nicely now.

We have two more of these so hopefully Ill be able to find an alternative manufacturer for the transistor modules.

stufus
16-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the update.
Pat on the back for you sir.
When transistors go tits up in these units it can get very messy and very pricey really quickly.
Cheers
Stu

JoeAT50A
16-09-2011, 10:21 AM
1. Compressor had low resistance to ground so obviously windings were gone
2. The actual main board had been damaged due to one transistor module blowing up behind it.
3. The diode bridge had continuity to ground and so was causing the fuse to trip as soon as switched on
4. Thermistor was fine.
5. Contactor was burned

Main board, inverter board and compressor replaced. I sourced an upgraded diode stack from RS Electronics. I also got replacement 8A fuses from RS as well as a contactor. I found a company up north that had transistor modules in stock so replaced them.
Machine is running nicely now.
We have two more of these so hopefully Ill be able to find an alternative manufacturer for the transistor modules.

Hi Tek2k,
thanks for all these update and resolutoin.
WoW- Yup, entire outdoor unit replacment will be cheaper I beleived.